|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! - Peter Parker
This article is plagiarized.
It seems the information on this article is mostly or entirely copied from another source. Please edit this article to make it more original.
|Full Name:||Andrew Maguire|
|First Appearance:||Amazing Spider-Man #692|
|Created by:||Dan Slott, Humberto Ramos|
|Place of Birth:|
|Base:||New York City, New York|
|Affiliations:||formerly Spider-Man's sidekick, Horizon Labs' Spokesman|
"Put the knife down and let the lady go. Sweet. I just said that thing super heroes say!"
Andy Maguire (of Earth-616), better known as Alpha, became Spider-Man's sidekick to coincide with his 50th anniversary (1962 - 2012) starting in The Amazing Spider-Man (Volume 1) #692 in August of 2012.
Andy's personality is radically different to Spider-Man's. He is confident and unpredictable, probably being that he is much younger than Spider-Man.
Not much is known about Andrew's early life except that he is a student at Midtown High, the same school Peter Parker attended, but unlike Parker, he was not a good student, who was completely ignored by everyone and his parents did not care of him too much.
Alpha & Omega
Alpha: Big Time
Powers and Abilities
- Energy Projection: Andrew can project a powerful energy blast which he can aim at will.
- Super Strength: Andrew can increase his strength, being able to lift at least 1 ton.
- Super Speed: Andrew can move at super speed, approximately at 88 mph.
- Force Field Generation: Andrew can create a force field around his body to protect himself from impacts.
- Flight:He can fly using his powers.
Currently, Alpha doesn't have access to his full power and can only use his powers at 10% of their normal strength.
Prior to his battle with Terminus, Andy could use only one ability at a time. During the battle with Terminus, Andy's powers were revealed to have evolved to the point were he could use any number of his powers at any given moment.
- Alpha broke the normal superhero sidekick tradition of the sidekick being less powerful than his mentor since Alpha was more powerful than Spider-Man.
- Reed Richards revealed that originally Andy's power would have increased in only a matter of time, and unlike the Hulk, Sentry and the Phoenix Force who are omega-level threats, he would have become the first alpha-level threat if Peter Parker hadn't depowered him when he did.
- Andy's name is a reference to Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire, who have both portrayed Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the reboot and original trilogy.