|Full Name:||Anna May "Annie" Parker|
|First Appearance:||Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1|
|Created by:||Dan Slott, Adam Kubert|
|Place of Birth:||Manhattan; New York|
|Base:||Manhattan, New York, Earth-18119. Formally, Regency, Battleworld, Earth-BW00|
After the Multiverse was destroyed by incursions, and recreated in the form of Battleworld, Annie and her family found themselves in a domain known as the Regency, fashioned from the remnants of Earth-18119 by the iron will of God Emperor Doom. Her mother and she were attacked by Venom, but saved by her father. This traumatic event would leave a scar on young Annie, as she would often have nightmares of the "shadowthing."
As she grew up, Annie would develop spider-powers of her own (which she inherited from her father), causing her parents to fear that she would be taken away by the Regent. One day, she would find out that the Power family was secretly the Power Pack and witnessed her father use his powers to rescue them.
When Kraven the Hunter realized Spider-Man was fighting like a scared father, Regent called in all families connected to Public School 122 Mamie Fay for a power screening. Despite passing, thanks to her Inhibitor Chip, a fellow classmate, Lewis, was outed as a mutant. With her father abandoning them to save Lewis, Mysterio was able to locate Annie and her mother. Luckily, however, S.H.I.E.L.D. found them first.
Reuniting with the Power Pack, Annie was given a costume to go along with her powers, much to her mother's dismay. Suddenly, the Sinister Six invade the base. As they were escaping, Annie turned back and quickly subdued Boomerang, Rhino, Shocker, and Kraven. This convinced her mother to turn back and, together, rescue her father. Invading Empire Unlimited's headquarters, Annie quickly dispatched Doctor Shannon Stillwell, despite the villain's superior strength. She started removing Regent's connection to the heroes' stasis cells, effectively depleting his powers. When Regent arrived to stop them, Annie's father broke free of his imprisonment and tackled Regent out the window. AMP, her new code name, jumped out the window and used an Inhibitor Chip-infused Trick Arrow to depower Regent; however, even with his powers neutralized, the Regent was still a threat. Peter, Annie, and MJ teamed up to beat him up, but the Regent got hold of Annie. Peter bluffed his way next to the Regent, and made a joke that caused the villain to laugh and be distracted for long enough so Peter could strike a finishing blow that knocked him out, though he had initially intended to deal a killing blow. S.H.I.E.L.D. proceeded to take the Regent into custody using an improvised restraining unit created by the Prowler. With the Regent neutralized, Peter, MJ, and Annie resumed their normal lives.
Brawl in the Family
After the events with the Regent (along with the Multiverse recreated), Annie has become increasingly interested in crime-fighting which is worrying her parents so they made her a more upgraded suit and a device to let them know when she is allowed to use her powers.
After Mary Jane drops her off to school, Annie got distracted in class due to her drawing in her notebook (showing herself and her parents in their superhero suits). Her teacher wanted to see it but Annie, knowing that it will blow her family's cover of their superhero identities, she rips it and puts it in her mouth, sending her to detention.
After detention, Annie meets up with a girl named Stephanie Kim and befriends her. After Annie and Stephanie defended a little boy from a group of bullies, Annie's Spider-Sense painfully goes off as she sees her parents getting attacked by the Mole Man's henchman and dragged underground. Alarmed, Annie raced back inside the school, grabbed her bag and changed into her new upgraded suit in the air vents and swung off to aid her parents.
Annie arrived at the scene but she is suddenly grabbed by the Mole Man's henchmen but Peter and Mary Jane save her and tell her to go home so she can be safe. Annie at first agreed, but after seeing her parents falling into the ground, she realises that she saw the vision moments before it even happened. After fighting and luring a Tyrannosaurus into the hole, Annie joins her parents to help them break out of their chains.
While fleeing to safety, Peter, Mary Jane and Annie almost fell into a pit of lava and end up getting into a muddle when Peter tries to save Annie but accidentally webs Mary Jane and they both crash into each other. While arguing about what a bad idea that to let Annie do her own crime-fighting, Annie hears the Mole Man making his plans to destroy New York with a powerful weapon. She tries to tell her parents of that the Mole Man was doing, but Peter and Mary Jane were too busy talking, forcing Annie to take down the Mole Man herself.
Peter and Mary Jane realised what Annie was doing and quickly ended their arguing and went to help Annie take down Mole Man. With Mole Man successfully defeated by the family themselves, Peter decided to let his daughter join the team and gives her a codename: Spiderling which Annie accepted and the three web-swinged home.
After a fun night with her parents (along with defeating Sandman), Annie and MJ celebrated Peter's birthday until Professor Xavier arrives and asks Peter and Mary Jane to bring Annie to his school the next day, which the two agreed.
When the Spider-Family arrived at Xavier's School for Mutants, Spider-Man, Spinneret and Spiderling run into James Howlett (Wolverine) and his wife Jean Grey who they had a daughter named Kate "Shine" Howlett. Spiderling then takes a liking to Shine as Spider-Man says that she has just made a friend. Later, Spiderling and Shine took a tour around with Jubliee who she says to Spiderling that Xavier wants her parents to take her to the school so she can learn her powers. But Spiderling refused as she already got a school but then her Spider-Sense goes off again as she sees her father and Wolverine getting attacked by some strange energy.
Then the Brotherhood of Mutants arrive at the school as Spiderling protects Shine when Mist Mistress knocks the two unconscious with her powers. When the two recover, Spiderling and Shine find themselves at the Cerebro where they are shocked to discover that Jubliee has taken sides with Magneto. Spiderling berates Jubliee for joining with the "bad guys" and reveals how much she had to wait for to use her powers, but she was glad she waited and that her parents helped her and she helped them. Suddenly, Shine's powers begin to manifest and a bolt of light blinded everyone which gives Spiderling and Shine the advantage to escape to via airshaft.
Spiderling spots through a vent as she sees Jubliee attacking Spider-Man and Wolverine with her powers, which she saw with her Spider-Sense. Spiderling takes down Jubliee and reunites with her parents while Wolverine is reunited with Shine. With Magneto, Emma Frost and Jubliee defeated and arrested thanks to Spinneret, the Spider-Family then went home to New York City.
Shortly after her mother bonded and regained control of the Venom Symbiote, Annie, as Spiderling, was fighting the Lizard (Curt Connors) and his lizard son Billy along with her father. As Spider-Man got hit by the lizard, Spiderling desperately went to see if he was alright, which he replied he was okay. As Spider-Man says that the Lizard is gone, Spiderling replied she put a Spider-Tracer on him after she hit him on the neck, making Spider-Man to playfully pick his daughter up to say that he was lucky to have a "smart and wonderful daughter".
Spider-Man and Spiderling later tracked the Lizard and Billy at the Oscorp Tower where they were confronting Normie Osborn (son of the late Harry Osborn and Liz Allan). As Spiderling defeated Billy and webbed him up, she discovers that Normie is aiming a Pumpkin Bomb at Spider-Man, intending to kill him as he thinks that the superhero was responsible for his father's death. Spiderling tackles him and the bomb narrowly missed Spider-Man but knocking him and the Lizard through the wall.
Spiderling scolds Normie for almost trying to kill her father as he was trying to help him, but Normie says that Spider-Man is an intruder. Spiderling calls him rotten and goes to check her father, she strikes the Lizard who was attempting to kill Spider-Man. As Lizard was knocked out, Spider-Man embraces with Spiderling saying he is proud of her for saving him twice. After confronting Normie about that children don't play with bombs, Spider-Man and Spiderling went home, unaware that Normie is plotting revenge on them.
The Curse of the Green Goblin
While web-swinging with her parents, Spiderling wanted to fight the Rhino but Spider-Man and Spinneret tell her the Rhino is too dangerous. All of a sudden, it turns out to be a setup as the Rhino distracts Spider-Man and Spinneret when a truck appears and two men zap Spider-Man and Spinneret into unconsciousness. The Rhino grabs Spiderling and throws her into the truck, taking her to Oscorp.
Spiderling was strapped to a device with Normie Osborn explaining to her about his mother Liz Allan did not have time for him and even telling her about Harry Osborn's death before calling her a "foolish child". This made Spiderling angry as she yells out to him that all he does is acting like a grown up and being a sad child.
As Normie left, a huge robotic version of the Green Goblin (controlled by Ms January), begins attacking New York City along with using the Regent tech to make every superhero (Spider-Man and the X-Men) powerless and use them to wreck havoc. Spinneret and Liz Allan arrive at Oscorp, they free Spiderling before heading to find Normie who reconciles with his mother for not being there for him.
After Spinneret went to save the powerless Spider-Man (along being separated from the symbiote), Spiderling makes a plan to save New York City along with help from Liz Allan and a reformed Normie Osborn. As Spiderling arrived at the scene were Ms January is preparing to kill Spider-Man and Spinneret once and for all. With Normie's help, Spiderling used her spider strength to destroy the main power core of the robotic Green Goblin, sending to crash into a building.
With Ms January arrested and fired from Oscorp, Normie thanks Spiderling for giving his life back before giving Spider-Man an Mech Orb which will give him his powers back. Spider-Man and Spinneret proudly praised their daughter for her heroic actions, realising that she is a true hero. Annie began to realise that she was so lucky to have such a loving family and that she had experience love from her parents.
As described by Professor Xavier being a "charming girl", Annie is intelligent, curious and full of energy. She shares the same indomitable sense of justice and responsibility of which she inherited from her father and also her mother's headstrong attitude. Annie is brave, fearless and righteous similar to that of her father.
Due to the battle at Professor Xavier's school, Annie begins to realise that her parents have helped her with her powers and that she realised that her parents were right about having to wait before she becomes a true hero despite she hated waiting for so long. During the battle with the robotic Green Goblin in Manhattan, Annie realised that it was her responsibility to use her powers to help people and that she was raised with two loving parents which made her a true superhero, known as Spiderling.
Powers and Abilities
Main Article: Spider Powers
Spider Physiology: Anna-May "Annie" Parker possesses spider powers inherited from her father; she has superhuman strength, speed, stamina, agility, durability and numerous arachnid abilities. Although her powers are not at the level of her father while being only 8 years of age. Her powers include:
- Superhuman Strength: Although her strength limit is unknown, Annie possesses superhuman strength which allows her to lift up heavy objects or leap up to great distances. She is seen to lift up a car while trying to retrieve her ball. Spiderling is able to take down and knock the Lizard unconscious with one kick in the back. Spiderling is even able to use her superhuman strength to destroy the main power core of the robotic Green Goblin.
- Superhuman Speed: Annie possesses superhuman speed which allows her to run and move faster and can catch up to and outrun speeding vehicles. Due to her fight with a Lizard Billy Connors, Spiderling is able to dodge his attacks at a faster rate.
- Superhuman Stamina: Annie has a superhuman stamina similar to that of her father, which enables her to perform physical activities for a longer period.
- Superhuman Durability: Annie's body is physically tougher and more resistant to that of a normal human, she is able to survive great impacts without serious injuries. Spiderling has even survived when she smashed her way through a glass window at the Oscorp Tower.
- Superhuman Agility: Annie's agility, flexibility and bodily coordination are all enhanced to similar to that of her father. Spiderling can perform acrobatics and gymnastics.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Annie has displayed ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. She has been able to adjust her position by instinct, which enables her to balance herself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Annie's reflexes are enhanced which are similar to that of her father, which allows her to dodge any attack along with her Spider-Sense. She dodged the Lizard's son Billy's attacks.
- Superhuman Senses: With the proportionate senses of a spider, Annie has various types of heightened senses, including energy senses.
- Spider-Sense: Annie possesses a spider-sense which is similar to that of her father as she has a spider-sense that warns her of impending danger.
- Precognition: Her Spider-Sense was able to see through the future just minutes before it happened, such as seeing her parents fighting the Mole-Man just before they show up and see them in a way she saw it.
- Wall-Crawling: Like her father, Annie can crawl and scale on walls using the tips of her fingers and her feet.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Annie has an accelerated healing factor which allows her to rapidly heal from harm in faster rate than normal humans and rapidly heal from harm that normal humans cannot heal from. During her fight with the Mole-Man's henchmen, she suffered a nosebleed, but healed quickly.
- Gifted Intelligence: Described by her father and her principle at her school being a "bright student", Annie is a very intelligent individual.
- Acrobatics: As a result of her superhuman agility, Annie performed acrobatic and gymnastic moves when she battled Rhino, Shocker and Doctor Shannon Stillwell.
- Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Annie has displayed some impressive hand-to-hand combat skills when she fighted with the Regent's assistant Doctor Shannon Stillwell. Spiderling is even able to take down the Lizard with a kick in the back, which knocked him out.
- Spiderling's Suit: Originally, Annie was given a suit from S.H.E.I.L.D which was homemade with a cloak and goggles. After the events with the Regent, Annie abandoned her original suit and was given a more upgraded suit made by her parents.
- Web-Shooters: Annie was given her father's old web-shooters for her to use when she is in her crime-fighting activities.
- Inhibitor Chip (Formally): Annie was given an inhibitor chip in order to prevent her powers from being scanned.
- Web-Swinging: Annie as Spiderling can use her web-shooters to transport herself through New York City via web-swinging.
- Annie is eight years old as it was revealed in Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows #3. At the end of Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows Vol 2 #12, she is 16 years old.
- It is unknown if Annie is a Mutant or a Mutate as she didn't receive her spider powers from accident or design, but she was born with them after inheriting them from her father.
- Annie had other codenames for her superhero alter-ego such as Kid-Spider and Spider-Girl before she accepted her codename her father gave to her Spiderling.
- Annie had appeared in Spider-Man Unlimited (video game) in her original AMP suit.