|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! - Peter Parker
This article is plagiarized.
It seems the information on this article is mostly or entirely copied from another source. Please edit this article to make it more original.
| Harry Lyman
|Full Name:||Harold Lyman (legally changed from Harold Osborn)|
|First Appearance:|| Amazing Spider-Man #31 (as Harry Osborn)|
Amazing Spider-Man #136 (as the Green Goblin)
Amazing Spider-Man #597 (as American Son)
Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 4 #3 (as Harry Lyman)
|Created by:||Stan Lee, Steve Ditko|
|Place of Birth:||New York City, New York|
|Base:||Formerly Parker Industries, Manhattan, New York City, New York; Seattle, Washington.|
|Affiliations:||Alchemax; formerly Parker Industries, Oscorp, Dark Avengers|
|Powers/Abilities:||His intelligence is enhanced to an unknown level because of the Goblin serum.|
|Height:||5' 10" (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||170 lbs (77 kg)|
Harold Theopolis Osborn was born to Norman Osborn and Emily Osborn. Unfortunately, due to complications, Emily died shortly after childbirth. Devastated by her death, Norman became cold and neglectful of Harry, and sought mold him into a son "worthy of the name Osborn".
Harry eventually met Peter Parker, a brilliant, nerdy boy whom Harry related to. They became best friends, even into high school years. They also became friends with fellow students Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson.
The Second Green Goblin
Return From the Grave
After a reality-warping event, Spider-Man's secret identity was secret once more, and as a result, Harry's death was erased from the timeline, leaving him alive and well in 2008. He had a welcoming home party, which Peter, his future girlfriend Lily Hollister, Mary Jane, and Carlie Cooper attended.
Afterwards, Harry opened up a local cafe called the Coffee Bean to start a new life following his
Harry was approached by Norman to join the Dark Avengers, having built a specialized armor called the American Son, claiming his
All-New, All Different Marvel
Following the Secret Warsstoryline, in present day, Harry has come out of hiding, having legally changed his name to his mother's maiden name "Lyman", after his father's recent attack on New York. Reuniting with Peter, he is given a job at Parker Industries, and continues to take care of his son, Stanley. He attempts to
Powers & Abilities
Harry has superhuman attributes while empowered by the revised Goblin serum. It is unknown as to whether he currently has retained his Goblin powers or what new powers he may have gained from the American Son formula ( a mixture of the Super-Soldier serum and the Goblin serum), but they are probably similar to that of Captain America.
- Superhuman Strength: Harry possesses superhuman strength . His strength slightly exceeds his fathers and he is able to press lift 10 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: The Harry is capable of running and moving at speeds greater than that of even the finest Olympic athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Harry's enhanced musculature generates less fatigue toxins than the muscles of ordinary humans. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to affect him.
- Superhuman Durability: The formula also fortified all of Harry's bodily tissues, making them far tougher and more resistant to injury than normal humans . While Osborn could be injured by something along the lines of a knife or small conventional bullets composed of conventional material, he was very resistant to great impact forces and blunt trauma. He could withstand powerful impacts, such as falling from several stories or being repeatedly struck by a superhuman enemy, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no injury to himself. He was able to fight Spider-Man and sustain hits from him.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: If injured, Harry's body is able to heal itself with greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. While not nearly as efficient as the healing powers possessed by Wolverine , he can heal from injuries that would prove lethal to an ordinary human.
- Superhuman Agility: The Harry's agility and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural limits of the human body.
- Superhuman Reflexes: The Harry's reaction time is enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural limits of the human body.
His intelligence is enhanced to an unknown level because of the Goblin serum.
- Green Goblin Costume: The Green Goblin's costume incorporated chain mail in the tunic, giving him further protection from high impacts, such as the punches or kicks inflicted during his battles with Spider-Man.
- American Son Armor: A full battle-suit cobbled together from StarkTech that had been confiscated from Tony Stark's armory at Avengers Tower shortly following the formation of H.A.M.M.E.R..
- Goblin Glider: As the Green Goblin, Harry Osborn rode an improved version of the "goblin glider", capable of great maneuverability and speeds of up to 90 miles per hour. It was capable of supporting about 400 lbs including Norman's weight (and far more for very brief periods of time). Top speed and a full normal load would exhaust the fuel supply in about one hour. The main microprocessor assisted manual controls were behind the head of the glider, and later modifications added voice-activated radio-linked controls integrated into the Green Goblin's mask. The goblin glider was steered primarily, however, by the weight and attitude of its rider. The Green Goblin's boots locked into the stirrups of the glider electromagnetically.
- Explosives: The Green Goblin created and utilized various concussive, incendiary, and other specialized explosives in his career, most in the form of miniature jack-o'lanterns. The Goblin usually carried these in a shoulder bag, nicknamed his "bag of tricks".
- Incendiary: The incendiary grenades ignited almost soundlessly and released enough heat to melt through a three-inch thick sheet of steel.
- Smoke/Gas: He also carried a variety of smoke and gas-emitting bombs, which were surrounded by a light plastic mantle that fluttered like a wraith when the bomb was thrown. Other gas bombs emitted hallucinogenic gases, and others released a specially concocted gas that could neutralize Spider-Man's spider sense for a limited period of time.
- Flying Razor Bats: The Green Goblin sometimes threw razor sharp bat shaped projectiles which could slice into or ram and impale themselves into opponents.
- Electrical Discharges: The Green Goblin's gloves were interwoven with microcircuit-conducting filaments capable of high-frequency electrical power from rechargeable power packs in both his glove cuffs and costume tunics. They had the capacity to discharge for up to five minutes of sustained fire before depleting their power supplies.
- Bag Of Tricks: In addition to the common Goblin weapons, there are many others in the bag of tricks like a crescent moon boomerang, a ghost that is stronger than steel, a frog that can emit sonic blasts, and can carry many other weapons in it most of which are unrevealed.