|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! - Peter Parker
This article is plagiarized.
It seems the information on this article is mostly or entirely copied from another source. Please edit this article to make it more original.
|Full Name:||Herman Schultz|
|First Appearance:||Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #46|
|Created by:||Stan Lee; John Romita, Sr.|
|Place of Birth:||New York City, New York|
|Base:||New York City, New York|
|Affiliations:||Sinister Six; formerly Thunderbolts, Villains for Hire, Hood's criminal army, Masters of Evil, Sinister Seven, Sinister Syndicate, Defenders imposters; ally of Chameleon, Hammerhead, Trapster, and Hydro Man|
|Powers/Abilities:||Gifted engineer. Wears gauntlets designed to magnify sound waves to the point of causing destruction.|
|Height:||5' 9" (1.76 m)|
|Weight:||175 lbs (79 kg)|
"Screw that. You boys better be ready for some stimulation."
Herman Schultz (of Earth-616), better known as the Shocker, is a member of the Sinister Six and a former member of the Thunderbolts. Originally starting out as a common crook, Herman became a super villain in the hopes that it would make him a better thief.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Engineer: The Shocker is a gifted, and apparently self-taught, engineer who built his battle suit from scratch in a prison workshop. He is also the (self-proclaimed) world's best safe-cracker.
- Lack of confidence: The Shocker has had severe confidence problems during his early years as a super-criminal, however this brief period of shaky confidence appears to be a thing of the past.
- Dependence on his costume: Since Shocker's specialized suit is designed to protect him from the recoil effects of his Gauntlets, damaging or taking away the suit carries the risk of Shocker injuring or killing himself if he tries to use his Gauntlets when in that situation.
- Vibro-Shock Gauntlets: The Shocker has two vibro-shock units that, when activated by a thumb trigger, can project a concentrated blast of air that has been vibrated at an intense frequency. This allows the Shocker to both effectively throw long range vibrational punches, as well as vibrating the structure of something in order to weaken or destroy it. Holding the thumb triggers down for an extended period of time increases the intensity, speed, and even spread of the air blasts. The vibro-shock units were created to open safes by "shaking" them open silently and quickly. Shocker also has a vibrational shield that deflects blows to him & allows him to slip from many a grasp. The feedback from the Shocker's gauntlets is extremely intense (the initial test almost killed him.) To guard himself from this, Schultz developed a protective costume consisting largely of yellow quilt patches designed to absorb the shock. The vibro-shock units can add power to his punch via a trip-hammer vibration shock, making his blows a dozen times more potent than normal.
- Herman Schultz is not the only Marvel villain to use the name Shocker. Randall Darby from the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants/Mutant Force also used the name. Darby changed the name to Paralyzer at one point, perhaps merely to avoid confusion with the Shocker proper.
- The Shocker has a surprisingly large fan base for such a low-level villain. Many fans enjoy that he actually is not a lunatic but a simple thief, who would rather go after the money than kill his enemy.