|Iron Spider Armor|
|First appearance:||Amazing Spider-Man #529|
|Alternate name(s):||Iron Spider, Iron Spider Suit, Stark Spider Uniform|
|Lead Designer(s):||Tony Stark|
|Ceres Goldstein, Peter Parker|
|Aaron Davis, Patrick, Peter Parker|
|Ceres Goldstein, Michael, Tony Stark, Van|
The Iron Spider Armor is an armor created by Tony Stark for Spider-Man during the Civil War event.
First appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #529.
Peter Parker used this costume primarily during the Civil War while he was on the side of the Initiative.
The armor was abandoned when Parker joined the Secret Avengers.
Following the deaths of Michael and Van, Patrick is now the only individual to currently use this armor.
It was later revealed that Tony Stark had kept a copy of the armor. When he and Peter Parker were captured by the Regent, and Jarvis was unable to contact any other heroes because Regent had already defeated them all, Mary Jane Watson, who is currently employed by Stark, has the idea to search through boxes that had been packed up when Stark sold Avengers Tower. She found the Iron Spider armor and used it to rescue Tony and Peter. The three then defeated Regent and freed the other heroes.
A weapons dealer named Ceres was able to obtain a copy of the Iron Spider armor and she redesigned it with a sleek black-and-gold color scheme with a new stylized spider-emblem. She also upgraded its weaponry, including new electroshock blasters in the mechanical spider-legs. It was purchased from her and then worn by Aaron Davis.Iron Man created the Iron Spider armor (pictured right), based off of his own armor's specs, for Spider-Man after being impressed by the way he battled the Living Laser.
Spider-Man had a hard time using the armor at first due to it being designed for Iron Man's fighting style and not his. Spider-Man then tweaked the armors specs to fit his style and had better success in subsequent battles against the Living Laser and Doctor Octopus.
Currently, the armor is owned by Amadeus Cho.
Fabricated with advanced protein-scale nano-technology and exotic materials handling, LEP skin display, impact sensing armor integrated life support and all-spectrum communications powered by a hybrid opto-electronic computer and using super conducting, high performance plastic throughout, the Iron Spider Armor is truly one of greatest armors Tony Stark has ever created (and Peter's most functional costume).
The Scarlet Spiders' duplicate armors had several weapons built into them, such as pulse cannons and repulsor grenades.
- Spinneret/Stinger Access Ports: Through development of nano-crystal growth topology, this suit grow numerous configurations. It allows full interface from any surface, independent of occupant when necessary, and due to this design ports auto dilate to allow organics to pass. This includes Spider-Man's natural Webbing and Stingers.
- Waldoes: The Iron Spider Armor possessed three mechanical spider-arms, or "waldoes," created from rapidly grown mono-atomic iron alloy crystal. These could be used to see around corners (via cameras in the tips) and to manipulate objects indirectly. When in the stowed position, the arms remain within the gold "circle" on Spider-Man's back. These arms are rapidly grown at the rate of 90 inches per second, Hollow construction allows for all material to be stored within the small back-mounted pack, and the command for growth is achieved via fast neural net-detection and amplification. The waldoes even have small grippers at the tips working as pseudo fingers.
- Glider Device: It could glide via mesh webbing on its arms. The pseudo web form is a biodegradable filament generator. This allows for controlled gliding. Near invisible gossamer filaments extend for 20 meters- rapid growth and detachment.
- Enhanced Chestpiece: A foamed titanium nitrile fabric chestpiece has body contoured and articulated panels to support the occupant. The chestpiece contains the highest concentration of Kasimir Plate Batteries-- nano-scale power generating devices that exploit "zero point" energy. Can generate 1.2kWatts at peak demand.
- Mask Filter: A self-cleaning electrostatic precipitation system allows for full Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Filtration. It also had an 8 minutes worth compressed air capacity, which helped in situations underwater.
- Enhanced Lenses: The Headpiece contains large area holographic lensing to allow for long eye-relief and panoramic real-world/-time viewing. Includes several optical spectrum modes with synthesized information overlay.
- Constituent Costume Containment: Part of the costume could detach itself to cover an object too dangerous to touch, such as a radioactive asteroid.
- Multifunctional Layers: The Iron Spider Armor has a total of 17 layers throughout its workings, with each performing a different, separate and important function.
- Transpirable Teflon-Based Temperature Control: Controls the Internal Temperature of the Wearer.
- Moisture Pump: Occupant Cooling.
- Conductivity Control: Low Infrared Signature.
- Sensor Layer: Able to transmit data from kinisthetic analysis of occupant.
- Repair Layer: Self-repair/limited mechanical repair. Also first aid with limited external first aid.
- Musculature Motility Layer: Follows occupant's motion.
- Communications: All band tranceiving GPS/Microwave including ELF.Impact Layer: National Institute of Justice Threat Level III Resistant. Heat-resistant Kevlar micro-fiber stops small arms fire.
- Shear Detection: Spidey to see in the infrared and ultraviolet portions of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Antenna: Fractal design allows for simultaneous wavelength propagation. Allows for "speed of thought" suit control. Also allowed Spider-Man to listen to police, fire and/or emergency broadcasts.
- Synthetic Aperture Camera Layer: Stores Cameras Optical to RADAR.
- Light Emitting Plastic Layer: Allows for camouflage (but the darker the surface that spider-man blends to the better the the camouflage) and also allows spider-man to change the colour and style of his suit (e.g. he change it to the symbiote suit's colour as well as the normal red and blue.)
- Diamond Nitrile Overcoat: Epitaxially deposited in chain mesh form; Transparent to Spider Effect and allow for normal surface adhesion method.
- In 2012's Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon series, after a visit to Tony Stark's building, he quickly makes a version of the Iron Spider Armor for him, which is seen in a few episodes of the show.
- The Iron Spider suit (also known as the Avengers Suit) briefly first appeared in Homecoming (2017), which didn't look much like the comic version. This suit design was based on Ben Reilly’s Spider-Man costume, with the addition of golden trim.
- Peter Parker wore the Iron Spider armor in Avengers: Infinity War (2018). It still retain Irons Spider’s trademark mechanical legs, along with other original features, such as illuminated blue eye-lenses when suited up. Unfortunately, the suit was destroyed along with Peter himself when the heroes failed to stop Thanos from collecting the Infinity Stones and wiping the half of lives in the universe.
- It re-appeared along with Peter in Avengers: Endgame (2019).
- In 2006's Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, the Iron Spider Armor made it's first appearance as an unlockable costume for Spider-Man.
- In 2009's Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, the Iron Spider Armor is only wearable when you join Iron-Man's side of the Civil War.
- In 2010's Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, the Iron Spider Armor was unlockable for the Spider-Man of the year 2099, Miguel O'Hara.
- In 2011's Spider-Man: Edge of Time, the costume is when unlockable, and wearable for Miguel O'Hara only.
- In 2011's Marvel Super Hero Squad Online, the Iron Spider Armor is a buyable and wearable costume.
- In 2011's Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, the Iron Spider Armor is a already unlocked alternate for Spider-Man.
- In 2012 - onwards, Iron Spider had been a recurring separate playable costumes of Spider-Man in Lego Marvel series, with the Ultimate Animated Spider-Man’s Amadeus Cho as the current Iron Spider in post-first Lego Marvel game.
- In 2014's The Amazing Spider-Man 2, the Iron Spider Armor is a pre-order bonus from Gamestop or buyable via DLC.
- In 2013's Marvel Heroes, The Iron Spider Armor was originally obtained through the Advance Pack 3 Deluxe for a limited time only on January 2016. As of the Ultron Update (06-07-2016 Update), it is now available for purchase for 1450 G.
- In 2016's Marvel Avengers Academy, the Iron Spider Armor, minus the mask, is Mary Jane's rank 5 outfit.
- In 2018’s Playstation 4 exclusive Spider-Man game, the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Iron Spider is one of the many unlockable costumes in the base game. It comes with the Iron Arms Suit power, granting access to the mechanical legs in combat. The Turf Wars DLC added the comic version of the Armor as a new suit, and a recent patch changed the Iron Arms to match this suit when used alongside it.
- Sometime before Superior Spider-Man #14, in Peter body, Otto outfits himself with a new Spider-Man costume with a device on his back that has four thin leg comes and can be used to trap his foes. His device is very similar to the four legs seen on the Iron Spider Armor.