|This article contains information about a topic that may change as more information becomes available.|
You can help the Spider-Man Wiki by updating it with confirmed infomation. Thanks!
Remove template ONLY if incoming information has stopped.
|Developed by:||Insomniac Games|
|Released on:||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|PlayStation 4 (PS4)|
|T for Teen|
|Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales|
Marvel's Spider-Man is a video game developed by Insomniac Games.
It was confirmed that the game will be a console exclusive, solely debuting on the PlayStation 4.
It was unveiled during Sony's press conference at E3 2016 and a look at the gameplay was revealed the following year.
This was the first Spider-Man game that wasn't developed by Activision.
After this game, Insomniac Games will continue to work with Marvel to produce more Marvel games.
The game starts with Peter Parker hearing a police transmission on his phone regarding Wilson Fisk AKA Kingpin. Desperate to put him behind bars for good, Peter suits up as Spider-Man and rushes to Fisk tower (ignoring his past due rent), and after a hard fight, he finally gets Fisk arrested, but ruins his costume in the process.
Spider-Man will be able to freely roam around New York, similar to Spider-Man 3. Unlike Spider-Man 3, you will be able to interact with citizens.
It has some gameplay mechanics that were once appeared in all mostly previous Activision’s 3D Spider-Man games. However, some side or crime-fighting missions like rescuing a baloon or pizza delivery from Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 2 game won’t be in this game. The web swing button function is once again to have only 1 button much like all previous Spider-Man third -erson action games, excluding The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game which had 2 buttons of web swing inputs.
Players will also play as Peter during parts of the game. Not only that, but Mary Jane and Miles Morales (pre-Ending) will also be playable in stealth sections. They won’t be just a bystander, so players will even play as MJ and Miles for key moments. Aside from featuring Spider-Man’s rogues gallery like the Sinister Six (Dr. Octopus), Shocker, Rhino, Electro, Scorpion, Vulture), Silver Sable, Mister Negative, Tombstone, Norman Osborn and Venom (Harry Osborn incarnation), including Kingpin and Taskmaster, it also features many cameos and mentions from other Marvel Universe, such as Daredevil, Doctor Strange, The Avengers and Jessica Jones.
There are many collectibles in this game including many tokens such as Base Tokens (awarded for completing Fisk Construction sites, Demon Warehouses, Sable Outposts, Hammerhead Fronts and Hammerhead's Project Olympus Hideouts; Challenge Tokens (awarded for completing Taskmaster Challenges and Screwball Challenges); Research Tokens (awarded for completing Research Stations and gathering pigeons for Howard) and Crime Tokens (awarded for completing semi-spontaneous crimes which appear around the districts.
- Be Spider-Man – An experienced Spider-Man with several years of crime fighting under his belt, Peter Parker has sheer mastery of his powerful spider-sense, dynamic skills, acrobatic abilities, and a new suit.
- Original Story – An all-new Spider-Man universe featuring familiar characters in unfamiliar roles. Peter Parker deals with his complex dual life as a young adult with great powers, discovering how his many relationships evolve.
- Blockbuster Action in an Open World – Swing freely through Marvel’s New York City as Spider-Man through blockbuster action set-pieces filled with a rich narrative and relatable characters. Web swinging has its own tutorial, and players can interact with various elements in the world with their webbing; aside from traditional swinging, there are multiple objects Spider-Man can use in combat, and also "web-influenced gadgets" he can equip.
- Costume Changes: Changing costumes has returned from previous Spider-Man games. While each suit has a unique "power", players are free to swap powers between suits in order to appear as they wish with no repercussions.
- Weather and Daytime Changes: After finishing the game, players can change the weather and time of day, similar to Ultimate Spider-Man. Aside from Peter Parker, it is was confirmed in a San Diego Comic-Con 2018 interview that there was a possibility to have different playable Spider-Men at launch.
- New Game+: Allows the player to restart from the beginning of the game, while keeping their suits, powers, and upgrades or create their own save game, including on restart fighting the previous bosses the player has fought in their first full gameplay.
- Dynamic world - NPCs respond to Spider-Man as he traverses the city, reacting to him in different ways depending on the choices the player has made throughout the game. Some revealed positive interactions include cheering, high-fiving, and taking selfies with him.
- Advanced Suit (Unlock: Complete the mission "Something Old, Something New")
- Negative Mode (Unlock: 1 Base and Research, and 2 Landmark Tokens + Level 11)
- Naked Undies Quick Change (Unlock: 100% complete all district activities (excluding DLC))
- Velocity Suit (Main Story/Pre-Order (Unlock: 2 Backpack and Landmark, and 3 Challenge + Level 32))
- Anti-Ock Suit (Unlock: Complete the final mission "Pax in Bello")
- Gabrielle de’ Otto’s Resilent Suit (DLC Pack 1/The Heist (Unlock: Complete The Maria))
- Mainstream Spider-Man:
- No Damage/Repaired (Starter in Tutorial only; Unlock: 2 Backpack, and 1 Crime Token)
- Battle Damage (Mid-Starter, post-Tutorial)
- Vintage Comic Book Style (Unlock: 4 Backpack, Challenge and Crime Tokens + Level 41)
- ESU Quick Change (Unlock: Complete all Secret Photo-Ops)
- Revenge of Sinister Six #20 Part 4 Gears/“Cybernetic Die-Cast (Cyborg Spider-Man) (DLC Pack 3/Silver Lining (Unlock: Complete "1 + 1 Equals Win"/Final Mission))
- Bombastic Bag Man (FREE Update Patch 1.14)
- Insulated Electro Proof Suit (Unlock: 1 Base and Research, and 3 Crime Tokens + Level 13)
- Nick Fury’s Secret War Suit (Unlock: 1 Base and Landmark, and 2 Research Tokens + Level 5/6)
- Classic Iron Spider (DLC Pack 2/Turf Wars (Unlock: Complete "Bring the Hammer Down"/Final Mission))
- Future Foundation Suit (FREE Update Patch 1.14)
- Big Time/Stealth Suit: Stealth Mode (Unlock: 2 Base, 4 Challenge, and 3 Landmark Tokens + Level 23)
- Fear Itself Suit (Unlock: 2 Base, 6 Challenge, and 3 Landmark Tokens + Level 21)
- Spider-Armor MK I (DLC Pack 2/Turf Wars (Unlock: Complete Blindsided))
- Spider-Armor MK II: Bulletproof (Unlock: 2 Backpack and Research, and 1 Base Tokens + Level 7)
- Spider Armor MK III: Anti-Sinister Six (Unlock: 2 Base, and 4 Challenge and Crime Tokens + Level 26)
- Spider-Armor MK IV: Parker Industries/All-New, All-Different (Unlock: 4 Base and Challenge, and 3 Landmark Tokens + Level 35)
- Classic (Unlock: 2 Base, and 4 Challenge and Crime Tokens + Level 29)
- All-New, All-Different (Unlock: 4 Base, Challenge and Landmark Tokens + Level 39)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe Spider-Man:
- Stark Tech Suit (Unlock: 1 Base and Research, and 3 Crime Tokens + Level 9)
- Original Homemade Suit (Unlock: Find all Backpacks)
- MCU Iron Spider (Main Story/Pre-Order (Unlock: 3 Base and Challenge, and 4 Crime Tokens + Level 31))
- Far from Home:
- Stealth Suit (FREE Update Patch 1.15)
- Upgrade Suit (FREE Update Patch 1.15)
- Other Mainstream/Alternate Reality Spider-Men:
- Scarlet Spider
- Ben Reilly (Unlock: 3 Crimes and 2 Landmark Tokens + Level 3/4)
- Kaine Parker (DLC Pack 1/The Heist (Unlock: Complete all district activities in The Heist))
- Ultimate Wrestler Spider-Man (Unlock: 3 Base, 4 Challenge and Crime Tokens + Level 37)
- Ghost Spider (Unlock: 4 Base, Challenge and Landmark Tokens + Level 35)
- Spider-Man Last Stand (Unlock: 20 Crime Tokens + Level 45)
- Mangaverse Spider-Man (DLC Pack 2/Turf Wars (Unlock: Complete all district activities in "Turf Wars"))
- Spider-Man Noir (Unlock: 2 Backpack and 1 Base Tokens + Level 3/4)
- Spider-Punk/Hobie Brown (Main Story/Pre-Order (Unlock: 2 Backpack and Landmark, and 3 Crime Tokens + Level 16))
- Spider-UK/William Braddock (DLC Pack 1/The Heist (Unlock: Complete Follow the Money))
- Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man (Alternate Classic) (DLC Pack 3/Silver Lining (Unlock: Complete all district activities in Silver Lining))
- Aaron Aikman Spider-Man (DLC Pack 3/Silver Lining (Unlock: Complete Old Friend))
- Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man (FREE Update Patch 1.13, same time as DLC Pack 3/Silver Lining)
In the game, most of the unlockable suits come with "Suit Powers". These give you a special, recharging ability to use. This excludes the DLC suits, the Homemade Suit, the Dark Suit, the Classic Suit (Damaged) and the ESU Suit.
- Advanced Suit: "Battle Focus" - Hybrid biomembrane rapidly generates Focus for a short time.
- Classic Suit (Repaired): "Web Blossom" - Leap into the air and web everything in sight.
- Noir Suit: "Sound of Silence" - Enemies no longer call for backup when alerted.
- Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly): "Holo Decoy" - Experimental AR tech spawns multiple Holo Decoys that stun attacking enemies before decaying.
- Spider-Armor: MK II: "Bulletproof" - Magnetically polarized armor plating makes suit temporarily bullet-proof against all enemies, even snipers.
- Secret War Suit: "Arms Race" - Discharges amplified EMP build-up to stun enemies & disable their weapons.
- Stark Suit (Homecoming): "Spider-Bro" - Calls in a Spider-Bro to temporarily aid in combat.
- Negative Suit: "Negative Shockwave" - Synchronizes nano-mesh particles to unleash a devastating wave of negative energy.
- Electrically Insulated Suit: "Electric Punch" - Kit bashed high-discharge capacitors temporarily electrify gauntlets, electrifying enemies.
- Spider-Punk: "Rock Out" - Blast enemies with waves of righteous sound.
- Wrestler Suit: "King of the Ring" - Web Throw enemies without having to web them up.
- Fear Itself Suit: "Quad Damage" - Assistive nano-musculature temporarily deals MASSIVE damage.
- Stealth ('Big Time') Suit: "Blur Projector" - Create a distortion field that can obscure you from non-alerted enemies' vision.
- Spider-Armor MK III: "Titanium Alloy Plates" - Dynamic semi-liquid smart metal crystallizes to reflect all bullets, except for sniper rounds, back at shooters.
- Spider-Man 2099 (Classic): "Low Gravity" - Decrease gravity while in the air.
- Iron Spider (MCU): "Iron Arms" - Wreak havoc with four articulated arms made from rapidly grown mono-atomic iron alloy crystal.
- Velocity Suit: "Blitz"- Micro-gyros allow for faster sprinting, and real-time momentum-transfer knocks down enemies.
- Spider-Armor MK IV: "Defense Shield" - Experimental magnetic weave generates an energy shield that temporarily absorbs all damage.
- Spirit Spider Suit: "Spirit Fire" - Channels unstable waves of damaging ethereal energy from ... somewhere...
- Spider-Man 2099 (All New, All-Different/White): "Concussion Strike" - Ventilated concussive technology temporarily sends enemies flying with every attack.
- Vintage Comic Book Suit: "Quips" - Insult your enemy's pride.
- Last Stand Suit: "Unrelenting Fury" - Enemies cannot block or interrupt your attacks, even if they have shields.
- Undies: "Equalizer" - Everyone goes down in one hit, including you.
- Anti-Ock Suit: "Resupply" - Distributed nano-mesh continuously refills current gadget's shots.
After the intended release however, three extra side-story sequel DLC have been added to Marvel's Spider-Man via the "The City Never Sleeps" Pass, which was released on October 23, 2018 ,and cost $25. Each DLC contains 3 new costumes, 1 new map refresh, a new storyline - which is still connected to all the others - costing $10 each. They take place after the main story.
- The Heist: October 23, 2018
- Turf Wars: Novemeber 23, 2018, takes place a few weeks after Stan Lee’s death in-game and in real life.
- Silver Lining: December 23, 2018
PS4 Pro Bundle
Announced at San Diego Comic-Con 2018, players can opt to buy the Limited Edition PS4 Pro Bundle of the game for $399.99. This edition includes the base game, The City That Never Sleeps DLC, plus a Spider-Man themed PS4 Pro and controller.
- ↑ Marvel’s Spider-Man: New Trailer Features Aunt May, MJ & More from Insomniac Games
- ↑ http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/07/20/spider-man-ps4-may-feature-more-than-one-spider-man/