|This article contains information about a topic that may change as more information becomes available.|
You can help the Spider-Man Wiki by updating it with confirmed infomation. Thanks!
Remove template ONLY if incoming information has stopped.
|Developed by:||Insomniac Games|
Marvel's Spider-Man is a video game developed by Insomniac Games.
It is confirmed that the game will be a console exclusive, solely debuting on the PlayStation 4.
It was unveiled during Sony's press conference at E3 2016 and a look at the gameplay was revealed the following year.
This will be the first Spider-Man game that won't be developed by Activision.
This version of Spider-Man will appear in an upcoming Spider-Geddon event. The universe where this Spider-Man and other Marvel characters come from is designate as Earth-1048.
After this game, Insomniac Games will continue to work with Marvel to produce more Marvel games.
The game starts with Peter Parker hearing a police transmission on his phone regarding Wilson Fisk AKA Kingpin. Desperate to put him behind bars for good, Peter suits up as Spider-Man and rushes to Fisk tower (ignoring his past due rent), and after a hard fight, he finally gets Fisk arrested, but ruins his costume in the process.
Spider-Man will be able to freely roam around New York, similar to Spider-Man 3. Unlike Spider-Man 3, you will be able to interact with citizens.
It has some gameplay mechanics that were once appeared in all mostly previous Activision’s 3D Spider-Man games. However, some side or crime fighting missions like rescuing a baloon or pizza delivery from Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 2 game won’t be in this game. The web swing button function is once again to have only 1 button much like all previous Spider-Man third person action games, excluding The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game which had 2 buttons of web swing inputs.
Players will also play as Peter during parts of the game. Not only that, Mary Jane and Miles Morales (pre-Ending) will be playable in stealth sections. They won’t be just a bystander, so players will even play as MJ and Miles for key moments. Aside featuring Spider-Man’s rogues like Sinister Six (Dr. Octopus, Shocker, Rhino, Electro, Scorpion, Vulture), Silver Sable, Mister Negative, Tombstone, Norman Osborn and Venom (Harry Osborn incarnation), including Kingpin and Taskmaster, it also features many cameos and mentions from other Marvel Universe, such as Daredevil, Doctor Strange and The Avengers.
There are many collectibles in this game (expand please)
- Be Spider-Man – An experienced Spider-Man with several years of crime fighting under his belt, Peter Parker has sheer mastery of his powerful spider-sense, dynamic skills, acrobatic abilities, and new suit.
- Original Story – An all-new Spider-Man universe featuring familiar characters in unfamiliar roles. Peter Parker deals with his complex dual life as a young adult with great powers, discovering how his many relationships evolve.
- Blockbuster Action in an Open World – Swing freely through Marvel’s New York City as Spider-Man through blockbuster action set-pieces filled with a rich narrative and relatable characters. Web swinging has its own tutorial, and players can interact with various elements in the world with their webbing; aside from traditional swinging, there are multiple objects Spider-Man can use in combat, and also "web-influenced gadgets" he can equip.
- Costume Changes: Changing costumes has returned from previous Spider-Man games. While each suit has a unique "power", players are free to swap powers between suits in order to appear as they wish with no repercussions.
- Weather and Daytime Changes: After finishing the game, players can change weathers and daytimes, similar to Ultimate Spider-Man. Aside Peter Parker, it is confirmed in San Diego Comic Con 2018 interview that there is a possibility to have different playable Spider-Men at launch.
- New Game+: Allows player to restart from the beginning of the game or created their own save game, including on restart fighting the previous bosses the player has fought in their first full gameplay.
- Dynamic world - NPCs respond to Spider-Man as he traverses the city, reacting to him in different ways depending on the choices the player has made throughout the game. Some revealed positive interactions include cheering, high-fiving, and taking selfies with him.
- Advanced Suit (Default)
- Negative Mode (Unlock: 1 Base and Research, and 2 Landmark Tokens + Level 11)
- Naked Undies Quick Change (Unlock: Finish the game)
- Velocity Suit (DLC Pack 1/Pre-Order (Unlock: 2 Backpack and Landmark, and 3 Challenge + Level 32))
- Anti-Ock Suit (Unlock: Finale Mission)
- Gabrielle de’ Otto’s Resilent Suit (DLC Pack 2 (Unlock: Complete The Maria))
- No Damage/Repaired (Starter in Tutorial only; Unlock: 2 Backpack, and 1 Crime Token)
- Battle Damage (Mid-Starter, post-Tutorial)
- Vintage Comic Book Style (Unlock: 4 Backpack, Challenge and Crime Tokens + Level 41)
- ESU Quick Change (Unlock: Finish the game)
- Revenge of Sinister Six #20 Part 4 Gears/“Cybernetic Die-Cast (DLC Pack 4 (Unlock: Complete 1 + 1 Equals Win))
- Bombastic Bag Man (FREE Update Patch 1.14)
- Insulated Electro Proof Suit (Unlock: 1 Base and Research, and 3 Crime Tokens + Level 13)
- Nick Fury’s Secret War Suit (Unlock: 1 Base and Landmark, and 2 Research Tokens + Level 5/6)
- Classic Iron Spider (DLC Pack 3 (Unlock: Completes Bring the Hammer Down))
- Future Foundation Suit (FREE Update Patch 1.14)
- Big Time/Stealth Suit: Stealth Mode (Unlock: 2 Base, 4 Challenge, and 3 Landmark Tokens + Level 23)
- Fear Itself Suit (Unlock: 2 Base, 6 Challenge, and 3 Landmark Tokens + Level 21)
- Spider-Armor MK I (DLC Pack 3 (Unlock: Complete Blindsided))
- Spider-Armor MK II: Bulletproof (Unlock: 2 Backpack and Research, and 1 Base Tokens + Level 7)
- Spider Armor MK III: Anti-Sinister Six (Unlock: 2 Base, and 4 Challenge and Crime Tokens + Level 26)
- Spider-Armor MK IV: Parker Industries/All-New, All-Different (Unlock: 4 Base and Challenge, and 3 Landmark Tokens + Level 35)
- Classic (Unlock: 2 Base, and 4 Challenge and Crime Tokens + Level 29)
- All-New, All-Different (Unlock: 4 Base, Challenge and Landmark Tokens + Level 39)
- Stark Tech Suit (Unlock: 1 Base and Research, and 3 Crime Tokens + Level 9)
- Original Homemade Suit (Unlock: Find all Backpacks)
- MCU Iron Spider (DLC Pack 1/Pre-Order (Unlock: 3 Base and Challenge, and 4 Crime Tokens + Level 31))
- Far from Home:
- Stealth Suit (FREE Update Patch 1.15)
- Upgrade Suit (FREE Update Patch 1.15)
- Other Mainstream/Alternate Reality Spider-Men:
- Ultimate Wrestler Spider-Man (Unlock: 3 Base, 4 Challenge and Crime Tokens + Level 37)
- Ghost Spider (Unlock: 4 Base, Challenge and Landmark Tokens + Level 35)
- Spider-Man Last Stand (Unlock: 20 Crime Tokens + Level 45)
- Mangaverse Spider-Man (DLC Pack 3 (Unlock: Complete any Turf Wars missions))
- Spider-Man Noir (Unlock: 2 Backpack and 1 Base Tokens + Level 3/4)
- Spider-Punk/Hobie Brown (DLC Pack 1/Pre-Order (Unlock: 2 Backpack and Landmark, and 3 Crime Tokens + Level 16))
- Spider-UK/William Braddock (DLC Pack 3 (Unlock: Complete Follow the Money))
- Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man (Alternate Classic) (DLC Pack 4 (Unlock: Complete any Silver Lining missions))
- Aaron Aikman Spider-Man (DLC Pack 3 (Unlock: Complete Old Friend))
- Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man (FREE Update Patch 1.13, same time as DLC Pack 4)
After the intended release however, three extra side story sequel DLC being added to Spider-Man via the "City Never Sleeps Initiative" Pass, which will be released on October 23, 2018 and cost $25. Each three DLCs will contain 3 new costumes, 2 new characters, 1 new map and 1 episode, and cost $10 each. Takes place after the main story
- The Heist: October 23, 2018
- Turf Wars: Novemeber 23, 2018, takes place after Stan Lee’s death few weeks in both real life and game
- Silver Lining: December 23, 2018
PS4 Pro Bundle
Announced at San Diego Comic-Con 2018, players can opt to buy the Limited Edition PS4 Pro Bundle of the game for $399.99. This edition includes the base game, plus a Spider-Man themed PS4 Pro and controller. The preorder hints at additional digital content, but this has yet to be elaborated upon.
- ↑ Marvel’s Spider-Man: New Trailer Features Aunt May, MJ & More from Insomniac Games
- ↑ http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/07/20/spider-man-ps4-may-feature-more-than-one-spider-man/