| Jason Aaron|
|Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Wolverine, Iron Man, Human Torch, Captain Marvel, X-Men, Ms. America, Squirrel Girl, Avengers, Black Panther, Cable, Champions, Defenders, Deadpool, Falcon, Iceman, Hulk, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Jean Grey, Thor, Kid Kaiju, Black Bolt, Inhuman Royal Family, Spider-Woman, Venom, Ghost Rider, U.S.Avengers, Gwenpool, Thing, Avengers Unity Division, Young X-Men, Captain America, Scarlet Spider, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Darkhawk, Spider-Man (Renew Your Vows), Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Spinneret, Spiderling, Guardians of the Galaxy, Shang-Chi, Moon Girl, Moon Knight, Forbush Man, Phoenix, Logan, Energizer, Punisher, Secret Warriors, She-Hulk, Silver Sable, Hawkeye (Kate Bishop), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Winter Soldier, Ms. Marvel, Weapon X, Rogue, Gambit, Lockjaw, Legion, Weapon H|
Marvel Legacy is a publishing initiative event by Marvel Comics that will begin publication in September 2017.
The purpose of the event is to return the Marvel Universe to an earlier status quo through new storylines that harken back to the glory days of Marvel Comics while also giving greater focus to Marvel's core heroes such as Peter Parker and Steve Rogers.
The event was first announced on April 22, 2017 during Marvel's "Next Big Thing" panel at the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo.
At the panel, Marvel Entertainment's chief creative officer Joe Quesada and Marvel Comics' editor-in-chief Axel Alonso revealed 6 major details on how the new initiative would work.
Firstly, unlike previous publishing initiatives such as Marvel NOW!, which focused primarily on rookie and teenage heroes such as the Champions and Ironheart; Marvel Legacy would focus on the core heroes of the Marvel Universe.
Secondly, the initiative seeks to remind readers of the company's rich history by reintroducing iconic characters that have been absent from the comics for awhile and by highlighting how the various characters are connected to each other.
Thirdly, the initiative would definitively prove if it is possible for multiple heroes using the same superhero identity, such as Peter Parker and Miles Morales who are both currently operating as Spider-Man; to successfully co-exist with each other which has been a recurring issue in the comics' narrative since the end of Secret Wars.
Fourthly, each of the series that will be taking part in the initiative will be reverting to their classic cumulative numbering system.
Fifthly, a new and consistent cover design will be created and applied to all the series taking part in the event that will seek to recapture Marvel's iconic cover designs from the 1980s and 1990s.
Lastly, Marvel will also be reintroducing various programs such as Marvel Value Stamp — a collectable clip-and-save program from the mid-1970s — and a self-published Marvel fanzine from the same era known as F.O.O.M. which is an acronym for "Friends Of Ol' Marvel" as part of the initiative.
Joe and Alex also revealed the event would officially begin in September 2017 following the conclusion of Secret Empire with the release of a 50-page one-shot written by Jason Aaron and penciled by Esad Ribić that will lay the narrative groundwork for the line and see the return of fan-favorite characters who have been out of the crime fighting game for awhile. It was also stated that the one-shot will have a "last-page reveal that just might break the internet" and will also reintroduce a "central piece of the Marvel mythos that readers have been mourning in months".
To give fans an idea of what to expect from the initiative's opening issue, Joe teased the teased the cover artwork which featured Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Daredevil and Captain America who for reasons unknown have returned to using their classic costumes. The cover also teased the return of Bruce Banner who has been deceased since the beginning of Civil War II, Tony Stark who has been in a coma since the end of Civil War II, and Thor Odinson who lost the ability to wield his magic hammer back in Original Sin.
- Falcon Vol. 2
- Marvel 2-In-One
- Weapon H
- Venom (starting from issue #155)
- Amazing Spider-Man (starting from issue #789)
- Avengers (starting from issue #672)
- Black Panther (starting from issue #166)
- Cable (starting from issue #150)
- Captain Marvel (starting from issue #125)
- Despicable Deadpool (starting from issue #287)
- Incredible Hulk (starting from issue #593)
- Iron Fist (starting from issue #73)
- Luke Cage (starting from issue #166)
- Mighty Thor (starting from issue #700)
- Captain America (starting from issue #695)
- Daredevil (starting from issue #595)
- Darkhawk (starting from issue #51)
- Doctor Strange (stating from issue #381)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (starting from issue #146)
- Master of Kung-Fu (starting from issue #126)
- Moon Knight (starting from issue #188)
- Not Brand Echh (starting from issue #14)
- Power Pack (starting issue #63)
- Punisher (starting from issue #218)
- She-Hulk (starting from issue #159)
- Silver Sable and the Wild Pack (starting from issue #36)
- Spider-Man (starting from issue #234)
- Generation X (starting from issue #85)
- Tales of Suspense (starting from issue #100)
- All-New Wolverine (starting from issue #25)
- America (starting from issue #8)
- Champions Vol. 2 (starting from issue #13)
- Defenders Vol. 5 (starting from issue #6)
- Iceman Vol. 3 (starting from issue #6)
- Jean Grey (starting from issue #8)
- Jessica Jones (starting from issue #13)
- Monsters Unleashed Vol. 3 (starting from issue #7)
- Royals (starting from issue #9)
- Spider-Gwen Vol. 2 (starting from issue #25)
- U.S.Avengers (starting from issue #11)
- Unbelievable Gwenpool (starting from issue #21)
- Uncanny Avengers Vol. 3 (starting from issue #28)
- X-Men: Blue (starting from issue #13)
- X-Men: Gold (starting from issue #13)
- Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows Vol. 2 (starting from issue #13)
- Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider (starting from issue #10)
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (starting from issue #25)
- Old Man Logan Vol. 2 (starting from issue #31)
- Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man (starting from issue #297)
- Secret Warriors Vol. 2 (starting from issue #8)
- Spider-Man/Deadpool (starting from issue #23)
- Thanos Vol. 2 (starting from issue #13)
- Black Bolt (starting from issue #8)
- Hawkeye Vol. 5 (starting from issue #13)
- Ms. Marvel Vol. 4 (starting from issue #25)
- Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 2 (starting from issue #27)
- Weapon X Vol. 3 (starting from issue #12)
- Astonishing X-Men Vol. 4 (starting from issue #7)
- Spirits of Vengence
- Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey
- Rogue & Gambit
- Doctor Strange: Damnation
- Marvel Legacy #1
- FOOM Vol. 2 #1
- Amazing Spider-Man: Venom Inc. Alpha #1
- Amazing Spider-Man: Venom Inc. Omega #1
- The Dazzler series was originally supposed to be part of the event beginning with issue #43 of the series of the series, but the series was canceled before the issue could be published.