| This has got to be the worst alternate universe ever. -Spider-Man
Hey! Article is a stub. This means that it is short and needs more information, or should be expanded with up to date information, if there is any new information. You can help the Spider-Man Wiki by expanding it. Thanks!
|Marvel Super Heroes: Secret Wars|
|Captain America, Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau), Hawkeye, Hulk, Human Torch (Johnny Storm), Iron Man II (Jim Rhodes), Mister Fantastic, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter), Thing, Thor, Wasp, Colossus, Cyclops, Lockheed the Dragon, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Professor X, Rogue, Storm, Wolverine|
|Absorbing Man, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Enchantress, Kang the Conqueror, Klaw, Lizard, Molecule Man, Titania, Ultron, Volcana, The Wrecking Crew|
Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars, or more commonly called Secret Wars is a twelve-issue comic book crossover limited series storyline published from May 1984 to April 1985 by Marvel Comics.
The storyline takes place in Earth-616.
A cosmic being called the Beyonder observes the mainstream Marvel universe. Fascinated by the presence of superheroes on Earth and their potential, this entity chooses a group of both heroes and supervillains and teleports characters against their will to "Battleworld", a planet created by the Beyonder in a distant galaxy. This world has also been stocked with alien weapons and technology. The Beyonder then yells: "I am from beyond! Slay your enemies and all that you desire shall be yours! Nothing you dream of is impossible for me to accomplish!"
The heroes include the Avengers:
Three members of the Fantastic Four:
Mutant team X-Men:
Magneto was featured as a hero, but immediately becomes non-aligned when the Avengers question his presence.
The villains include:
- Absorbing Man
- Doctor Doom
- Doctor Octopus
- The Enchantress
- Kang the Conqueror
- The Lizard
- Molecule Man
- The Wrecking Crew
Galactus also appears as a villain who immediately becomes non-aligned with either side.
Continuity DevelopmentsThere are several significant developments in the entire series:
- The Beyonder makes his first Earth-616 appearance.
- The planet to be known as "Battleworld" is created and seen for the first time by the Beyonder.
- Spider-Man finds and wears the black suit for the first time, initially unaware that it is actually an alien symbiote
- Cyclops rejoins the X-Men after being transported with them to Battleworld.
- The villainesses Titania and Volcana are created.
- The second Spider-Woman, Julia Carpenter, is introduced.
- Colossus ends his romantic relationship with Kitty Pryde.
- The Thing chooses to remain behind on Battleworld and explores the galaxy for a year, with She-Hulk temporarily joining the Fantastic Four as his replacement.
- In the 1994 series, Spider-Man, a form of the Secret Wars storyline appeared where the Beyonder and Madame Web selected Spider-Man to lead a team of heroes (consisting of himself, the Fantastic Four, Captain America, Black Cat, Iron Man and Storm) against the villains Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Lizard, Alistair Smythe, and Red Skull. The goal was allegedly to determine whether good or evil were stronger, but it was revealed after the war to have been carried out to determine which of several alternate Spider-Men was worthy to lead a team to save the universe.
- One completely written chapter of "Secret Wars" involved the X-Men for the 1994 Spider-Man cartoon, but transporting the X-Men cast to L.A. (where production for the Spider-Man animated series was based) from Canada (where the X-Men animated series was based) was too costly in the previous episodes the X-Men appeared in, so the episode was dropped and only Storm was used for the rest of the chapters of Secret Wars due to the fact that Iona Morris (who was the first voice of Storm) lives in L.A. Hulk and She-Hulk weren't used in these episodes because the Hulk show was on UPN.