| This has got to be the worst alternate universe ever. -Spider-Man
Hey! Article is a stub. This means that it is short and needs more information, or should be expanded with up to date information, if there is any new information. You can help the Spider-Man Wiki by expanding it. Thanks!
|Full Name:||Maxwell Markham|
|First Appearance:||Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #139|
|Created by:||Gerry Conway, Ross Andru|
|Place of Birth:||McKigney, Saskatchewan, Canada|
|Base:||Mobile; Formerly New York City, New York|
|Affiliations:||Hobgoblin; formerly Hood's Gang, Thunderbolts, H.A.M.M.E.R., ATF, Spider-Man Revenge Squad|
|Powers/Abilities:||Formidable hand to hand combatant.|
|Weight:||290 lbs (132 kg)|
|Hair Color:||Blond dyed Red|
Maxwell Markham, better known as The Grizzly, was a member of the Hood's Gang, the Thunderbolts, H.A.M.M.E.R., and the Spider-Man Revenge Squad. Originally, Maxwell was a successful pro-wrestler, but after a scandal that got his wrestling license revoked, Maxwell turned to a life of crime.
Powers and Abilities
Grizzly has undergone a series of power enhancement procedures that have granted him a variety of superhuman abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: Grizzly possesses superhuman strength enabling him to lift about 15 tons under optimum conditions.
- Superhuman Stamina: Grizzly's musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. He can exert himself at peak capacity for about 24 hours before fatigue begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: Grizzly is far more resistant to physical injury and trauma than an ordinary human. He is capable of withstanding great impact forces and high caliber bullets without sustaining injury.
- Claws & Fangs: Grizzly has had razor sharp and very durable fangs implanted in his mouth and claws within the tip of each finger. Grizzly's fangs and claws have proven capable of rending steel.
Grizzly is a formidable hand to hand combatant, preferring to use a wrestling based combat that allows him to make full use of his strength.
- Exoskeleton: Maxwell originally used a Grizzly themed exoskeleton designed by Miles Warren that granted him superhuman strength. The suit was later modified by the Tinkerer for even greater strength. Maxwell no longer uses the suit now that he possesses his own superpowers.