|Full Name:||Miles Morales|
|First Appearance:||Ultimate Comics Fallout Vol. 1 #4|
|Created by:|| Brian Michael Bendis|
|Place of Birth:||Brooklyn, New York City|
|Base:||New York City, New York|
|Affiliations:||Champions; formerly The Avengers, The Young Ultimates, The Ultimates, Prowler|
|Height:||5' 8”(1.73 m)|
|Weight:||160 lbs (73 kg)|
"A hero isn't the one who always wins. It's the one who always tries."
Miles Morales (of Earth-1610) is the second Spider-Man in the Ultimate Universe, succeeding Peter Parker after his supposed death. He is a former member of both the Ultimates and the Young Ultimates. He currently lives on Earth-616 with the Peter Parker of that universe known as Marvel Universe.
Miles Morales was born to Jefferson and Rio Morales. Unbeknownst to him, his father and uncle had been criminals in their pasts, but Jefferson had turned away from crime while Aaron had chosen to continue stealing. Despite this, Aaron chose to remain part of his nephew's life, openly embracing him and spending time with him.
When Norman Osborn was arrested by S.H.I.E.L.D., and revealed to the public as the Green Goblin by the Daily Bugle, Oscorp was left abandoned. Nearly two months before Peter Parker's death, a costumed thief known as the Prowler broke into Osborn Industries to steal valuables. Unknown to the thief, a genetically-altered OZ spider that Norman had previously managed to recreate, crawled into his book bag.Miles, after being awarded the final spot in a Charter School Lottery, visited his uncle Aaron Davis, against his parents' wishes. While they discussed the opportunities that the school could open to him, the Oscorp spider emerged from Aaron's bag and bit Miles on his hand, causing him to pass out and foam at the mouth.
Later, when Miles awoke, Aaron was confronted by Miles' father. During a brief confrontation, Miles fled from Aaron's apartment. While hiding from his father on the street, Miles realized that he was starting to become invisible. Miles runs down the street and encounters two movers lifting a flat-screen television across the sidewalk. Instinctively Miles leaps over the television. The surrounding spectators stare at him in amazement and are baffled when he then vanishes into thin air, exclaiming that he must be a mutant. Miles then hides in a nearby alleyway and once again becomes visible.
While continuing down the street he comes across a gang of older kids. One of them grabs his bag and demands he hand over his belongings. Miles then grabs the kid by the wrist and manages to stun him, much like the spider had done to him earlier before he passed out. Miles, horrified at the idea that he might be a mutant, visited his best friend, Ganke Lee, and confessed his new-found abilities to him and demonstrated his Venom Blast on a Lego model. Ganke, who was also accepted to the same school as Miles, was amazed and immediately started doing research to explain the phenomenon.
Mr. Morales arrived at Ganke's house and ordered Miles to come with him. The two then sat on a park bench and discussed the reasons he didn't want Miles hanging around Aaron; because he was a thief. Ice Man and the Human Torch then flew by, causing Mr. Morales to comment negatively on the existence of mutants.
That night Miles received a text message from Ganke, explaining that he had found a newspaper article which explained that Spider-Man received his spider-powers through a spider bite as well. This prompted Miles to attempt to climb the walls of his bedroom, which he did successfully, causing him to exclaim "Oh no." Ganke quickly arrives at Miles' house and is overjoyed when Miles demonstrates his wall-crawling ability. Miles, however, tells Ganke that he just wants to be normal.
Ganke suggests they go speak to Uncle Aaron and find out what he knows about the spider, despite his father forbidding him speaking to Aaron.
The next day they arrive at Aaron's apartment but he, and all of his belongings, are missing. Confused, Miles and Ganke leave when they notice a crowd observing a burning building. Ganke, as well as the crowd of bystanders, watch in awe as Miles rescues a woman and a helpless young girl and her dog. Miles then retreats to a nearby alleyway and vomits. He again vows that he just wants a normal life, and decides to leave the heroism to the actual Spider-Man.
The Death of Peter Parker
Over the next two months Miles and Ganke move into their dormitory at their new charter school and meet their new roommate, Judge. One night, while Miles slept, Miles dreamed that Electro entered his dorm and electrocuted him. He woke up in a panic, but realized it was just a dream. (This was a form of his enhanced Spider-Sense)
Almost immediately a teacher entered their room and rushed them to the gymnasium due to an emergency. In the gym, another teacher stated that there was a brawl between the Ultimates on the Queensboro Bridge and that Spider-Man had been shot. Miles tells Ganke to cover for him and he sneaks out to find, and help, the wounded Spider-Man. While jumping and climbing over buildings he notices a blue electrical flash (Electro got shot by Aunt May) off in the distance so he heads towards it. As he got closer there was a bigger explosion (the truck which Peter used to kill Osborn). By the time Miles arrived in Queens it was already too late. He watched an unmasked Spider-Man say his last words to an older woman before dying. While Mary Jane held Peter's body, Miles snuck through the crowd and asked Gwen Stacy Spider-Man's real name. Gwen tearfully replies "Peter Parker
Becoming The New Spider-Man
Miles was struck with grief over not being able to help Spider-Man before his untimely demise, stating that if he had done more with his powers over the last few months and hadn't been afraid, Parker would probably still be alive. Ganke suggests that perhaps he was meant to receive powers to become the next Spider-Man. Later, Miles and Ganke attend Peter's funeral. He once again speaks to Gwen, who tells him that Peter did what he did because he was following his uncle's philosophy, that "With great power, there must also come great responsibility", as he felt responsible for his uncle's death.Miles, inspired by this, immediately decided that he would take Peter's place as Spider-Man, and began sketching costume designs. Ganke, having worn a Spider-Man costume for Halloween the previous year, offered it to Miles, even though it was a little too large. Miles went on his first ever patrol of the city, enjoying the freedom he felt leaping from building to building. Miles confronted the Kangaroo, in his new makeshift Spider-Man costume. Kangaroo, and the surrounding crowd were surprised by Spider-Man. The two fought and Miles was thrown through a glass window. Miles eventually won by using his Venom Blast on the Kangaroo while he was lifting a vehicle over his own head, causing him to drop it on himself. Miles was exhausted and wondered to himself that perhaps his costume was in bad taste, as mentioned by many of the people during his fight Miles' next patrol was cut short when he was attacked by Spider-Woman who demanded to know who he is. Miles was confused by the sudden appearance of a Spider-Woman. She webbed him up as Miles tripped and knocked himself out. He later awoke inside a holding cell at Triskelion ONE. Outside his cell were Spider-Woman, Nick Fury, Hawkeye and Iron Man. After analyzing his blood, Tony came to the conclusion that Miles has a similar genetic makeup as Peter Parker, Fury correctly guessed that Miles had obtained his powers through the spider bite. Meanwhile, in the Triskelion medical ward, Max Dillon awoke from a chemically induced coma and immediately attacked all of the medical staff. Miles and Fury immediately joined the rest of the S.H.I.E.L.D Agents in taking point. Electro took down Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Spider-Woman. Miles uses his camouflage, sneaked behind him and hit him with a large container. Electro was surprised and confused by Spider-Man being alive and was distracted long enough for Miles to use his Venom Blast on him, knocking him out.
The next day, at school, Spider-Woman showed up in civilian clothing and handed Miles a case containing his new costume, a courtesy of Nick Fury. Jessica told him that he had one chance to prove himself that he was officially the new Spider-Man.Miles stopped a mugging, albeit very sloppily. Betty Brant captured video footage of him on her phone, she brought to the Daily Bugle and presented to J. Jonah Jameson. The story of a new Spider-Man in New York had made the headlines. Miles watched the Spider-Man movie that had been released several months ago, featuring actual footage of Peter Parker fighting with Dr. Octopus. He studied Peter's moves so he could become a better crime fighter like he was. Miles faced Omega Red, who was causing chaos in Long Island, ending up defeated him. Miles happened upon The Ringer robbing a bank. Miles managed to knock the Ringer out when the police then arrived at the scene, Captain Frank Quaid tried to discuss Miles' motives as the new Spider-Man. Through Miles' combative and childish answers, Quaid suspects that this Spider-Man was a teenager too and informed Miles that he worked with the former Spider-Man from time to time. Quaid thanked Miles for his assistance but told him he was too young to be Spider-Man and told him to go home.
Miles discovered his Uncle Aaron to be a criminal and confronted him with the revelation that Miles is the new Spider-Man. Miles knew this information from Nick Fury that his uncle was the Prowler. Aaron told Miles that he wanted to work with him but Miles refused his offer. Aaron threatened Miles' father to talk about his secret. Miles was confused on what to do with the whole situation.
Together they went to fight the Scorpion. After defeating Scorpion, Miles reported Uncle Aaron to the police which resulted in him almost being arrested. After Miles refused to help his Uncle again, Aaron unveiled his latest suit: the Vulture suit.Miles realized (with Ganke's help) that his Uncle intended to use him as his personal enforcer, Miles realized it was time to face reality and decided to reveal his secret to his family. However, Uncle Aaron called out his bluff.Miles made a feud about their relationship; his Uncle wants to stay away from his family and to leave New York City forever. However, Uncle Aaron was amused by his nephew as well as infuriated that he had the audacity to demand things for him. The two fight catastrophically, in which Aaron utilized vi-bro-shock gauntlets. Aaron overturned a bus trying to hurt him as Miles quickly realized his Uncle had no regard for human lives. Aaron promised to bring Miles' body back to his father. At a climax, one of Aaron's damaged vi-bro-shock gauntlets exploded. Aaron was severely injured by the blast and shredded a piece of Miles' costume. Before losing his life, Uncle Aaron cryptically told Miles that he was just like him as Miles could only look at him in horror at his Uncle's state.
Spider-MenIn an unusual turn of events, Miles encountered the Spider-Man of an alternate universe. Since Peter Parker was dead in his world and there was confusion between the two, as they began to fight. Peter unmasked Miles and demanded answers, however, Miles managed to knock out Peter with his Venom Blast. Unsure what to do with him, Miles brought Peter to S.H.I.E.L.D. to sort things out. At the Triskelion, Fury learned that this Peter Parker was from another world. Suspecting there might be trouble in a dimensional incursion, he wanted to have Miles fill Peter in on what happened to that world's Peter Parker. However, the conversation was cut short when Mysterio appeared, using his avatar to attack both Spider-Men by shooting their helicopter ride out of the sky with a RPG. Miles and Peter battled against Mysterio, who conjured illusions of their greatest rogues in order to subdue them. Mysterio managed to escape the battle, leaving the two Spider-Men to come up with a plan of attack. As they both escaped, Miles was present when Peter reunited with the Aunt May and Gwen Stacy of his universe, touched by the tender moment between them.
Miles and Peter were soon called by Nick Fury to fight Mysterio again. Although they expected Mysterio to be defeated, the magician quickly resorted to a back-up plan; using the heroes's greatest fears against them. Miles's particular fear was the sight of his Uncle Aaron standing over his dead parents, having murdered them both. However, the heroes managed to overcome Mysterio's illusions and defeat him. While Mysterio was kept within the S.H.I.E.L.D custody of Miles's universe, Peter spoke to him about his role as the new Spider-Man, saying that he was genuinely satisfied with him.
Divided We Fall
The next day, Miles was mourning the death of his Uncle Aaron, on top of having to deal with the Daily Bugle calling Miles a murderer. During school, Miles gets a phone call asking to meet him at a certain place, during his way there, he faced Batroc. When he finally arrived to the address (which turn out to be a warehouse) Aunt May and Gwen approached Miles in order to give him Peter Parker's web-shooters. Captain America THROWS HIS MIGHTY SHIELDunexpectedly came out of the shadows and said Miles shouldn't be Spider-Man.
After Captain America gets a call about the R.H.I.N.O. attacking the city, he tells Miles he'll arrest him and tell his parents about his spider-powers if he continues to be Spider-Man. After Captain America leaves the warehouse, Aunt May gives Miles a box containing Peter Parker's web-shooters, some cartridges of web-fluid, and the formula on how to make the web-fluid. Aunt May then tells Miles to go help Captain America.
Miles web-swings (with much difficulty due to him using the web-shooters for the first time) downtown and helps Captain America defeat the R.H.I.N.O, using his Venom Blast (which he was reluctant to use after what happened with Uncle Aaron, but decided to use it in need), after the battle, Captain America agrees to let him be Spider-Man, but also says that he needs training.
United We Stand
After Captain America agreed to allow Miles to join the Ultimates, Rogers was shortly inaugurated as the newly elected President of the United States. Miles joined The Ultimates and S.H.I.E.L.D to assist in their campaign to reunite the states in order to help unite the splintered factions of America. Miles' first involvement with the team was in Wisconsin, battling the recently formed army, Hydra. Unlike the Hydra known in Earth-616, this Hydra is formed by Thor's estranged son/god, Modi.
Modi wishes to create a new empire out of the ashes of the destroyed US, to make Asgard pale in comparison. Using a mind-controlling gem, he manipulates the mental wills of people near him to form the backbone of Hydra. Miles joined Sue Storm, Falcon, the Giant Woman Squad, Iron Man, Spider Woman, S.H.I.E.L.D, and Captain America to retake Wisconsin. However, Modi's mind-control powers has proven highly formidable as the helicarrier was shot down by one of their own Giant Woman that was under Modi's influence and Thor is about to kill Captain America.Miles managed to board one of the War Machine pilots hovering in the skies and accidentally struck him right into Giant-Woman; the War Machine pilot continued to crash into the ground, until Miles was completely lost and discarded from the battlefield. Abandoned in a wasteland away from the battle, Miles began walking until he encountered Cassandra Lang, one of the Giant-Woman who is still under mind-controlled, Cassandra chased Miles and waged war against the miniature hero.
However, Miles managed to break free from her grasp with a Venom Blast and toppled the woman, knocking her unconscious. Miles was discovered by Spider-Woman, who seemed genuinely concerned about his condition and well-being, he said that he was aware that he could not be an Ultimate, wanting to merely go home. Jessica provided him with a plausible explanation for why he had been gone to tell his parents.
During the civil war, Miles father, Jefferson, fought HYDRA soldiers, which caught the attention of the press and tried to interview him. Jefferson was later attacked by Venom, who days later followed Betty Brant's investigation to suspect Jefferson was the new Spider-Man. Miles suits up as Spider-Man and managed to rescue his father, as the creature later escaped.
After the battle with Venom, Miles began to feel like it was his fault that Venom attacked his father. Ganke managed to convince him that they can stop Venom before it happens again, but were unable to think how, until Mary Jane and Gwen showed up.
After a long discussion about Venom, Maria Hill appeared revealing she knew the truth about Miles and told him he has to stop the Symbiote before someone else got hurt. Mary Jane and Gwen were then forced to leave after the discussion.
Miles went outside to confront Maria, but was stopped when an officer received a word that Venom was attacking the hospital Miles' parents were at. Miles then left to go to the hospital to confront Venom. Miles arrived and began to fight Venom by utilizing his venom blast. Venom managed to gain the upper hand and grabs Miles, but he was saved after his mom started shooting Venom with a gun. Miles told her to escape, but refused.Miles grabbed Venom again and was nearly consumed when Rio revealed that Miles was her son. Venom proceeded to consume her until Miles used his venom blast on the inside of Venom, causing it to be removed from its host. The police showed up and shot Venom's host and the remains of the Symbiote. Miles moved his mother to safety, but soon found out she had been shot by a stray police bullet and was dying. He began to scream for help, but is stopped by Rio, who told him she was proud and to never tell his dad the truth, she then died in Miles' arm. Miles later woke up to find himself at Ganke's house and ran into the room he was and proceeded to rip his costume and repeatedly screaming "No More!".
Ultimate Spider-Man No MoreOne year has passed since his mother's death and neither Ganke nor Jessica Drew were able to convince Miles to assume the identity of Spider-Man again. Miles is now currently dating a girl named Kate Bishop. During a talk with Spider-Woman, she convinced him to become Spider-Man again.
Age of Ultron
Due to Earth-616's Wolverine's abuse of the time-space continuum breaking the fabric of reality, "multiversal chaos" occurred causing numerous beings from other realities to be transported to other universes through the tears in reality. Miles was out as Spider-Man when a flash of light echoed to reveal the arrival of Galactus of Earth-616.
Miles arrived to Earth and a destroyed New Jersey. Miles helped save civilians and was recruited by the Ultimates when they tried to plan what to do. Iron Man discovered the entity came from the same universe Peter Parker temporarily came from months ago, the one from Earth-616. The Ultimates decided to use a portal recovered from Mysterio to go there and ask for help using their Reed Richards. Before they could decide who would go, Reed Richards appeared and recommended to put their differences aside and let him go, as he could access to the other Richards' files in case he wasn't available to help them at the moment. The Ultimates let Richards go as well as being accompanied by Miles Morales. Both heroes managed to arrive to Earth-616, extract the information needed and return. After the catastrophe ended, he revealed his double life to his father, who believed Miles was responsible for the death of Aaron and Rio, and left him.
Miles and Jessica Drew (the new Black Widow) were attacked by a member of the Inheritors, Verna, along with her hounds while visiting his mother's grave. They were saved by the Superior Spider-Man and his army and Miles (believing he was Earth-616's Peter Parker, not a time displaced Otto Octavius in Peter Parker's body) joined him along with Jessica.
Encounter With An Old HeroAfter a talk with Mary Jane, Miles returned to his apartment and was surprised to see a stranger in his room. Before he could put his mask back on, the stranger revealed himself to be Peter Parker, who is now alive and well. This led Miles shocked and tried to interrogate Peter, who continuously avoided Miles' question on how he became alive. Ultimately, Peter decided to knock down Miles after being stunned by his Venom Blast, steal his web-shooters and leave. Miles came to the conclusion that Peter is probably a clone and decided to tell Ganke about it. As they were discussing the topic, Kate Bishop arrived and Miles decided to reveal his secret that he was Spider-Man, she responded with laughter but his reaction made her slowly run away.
After discovering Norman Osborn was alive, Miles went to May Parker's old house, where he was soon confronted by the Norman. Peter Parker, as Spider-Man, appeared and helped Miles fight the Green Goblin, who was finally defeated with Miles' Venom Blast. The two Spider-Men were then surrounded by the police but managed to separate and escape. Maria Hill helped Miles and took him to Mary Jane's house, where they founded Peter Parker. Peter decided to tell Miles his story about his return until the Green Goblin returned to fight them.
Miles took on to fight Osborn since his Venom Blast had a stronger effect on him. During the fight, Osborn claimed to be Miles' true father which then Miles proceeded to punch him. Peter later jumped in and helped him put the Goblin down before they left to go inside the warehouse where he first met Aunt May and Gwen. Peter returned his web-shooters and gave it to Miles and also his blessing before he returned to his dorm. Later, Miles was woken in his sleep by Ganke to see that his father had returned.
Captured By Hydra
The parents of Miles' girlfriend Katie Bishop, Derek and Eleanor Bishop, were members of Hydra. Katie didn't know this until her father revealed their secret to her as she went to bed. As an act of loyalty, she in turn revealed Miles' identity as Spider-Man to them. Some time later, Miles visited Katie's house where he was drugged by Derek who revealed his membership in Hydra. Miles, along with a captured Black Widow (Jessica Drew), was taken to a secret Hydra lab in a warehouse in Staten Island for experimentation under the charge of Doctor Doom.Doctor Doom was zapping Miles with microscopic lasers to obtain tissue samples, as Miles was also bitten by an unspecified spider again which then releases powerful bursts of energy and destroyed his prison and much of the laboratory. Everyone is stunned by Miles' new display of power, in which a scientist hypothesize that the physical stress brought on Miles is maybe the cause. Miles collapses from being drained from his new power as Doom orders the Spider-Man Twins to take Miles to a cell while he sees to Jessica that she will be dissected. At the very mention of this, Miles regains his strength and knocks down the Spider-Man Twins and a pair of Doombots. Derek quickly puts his gun to Jessica's head and demands Miles to stand down, but Jessica begins to open her eyes. Eventually, Miles' and Jessica's fellow Young Ultimates, his friend Judge, and the N.Y.P.D stormed the warehouse to rescue him. However, Miles was single-handedly subduing Doom with a single punch amid as the many indisposed Hydra soldiers and Spider-Man Twins, Derek Bishop was then webbed to the wall by Jessica. Though Miles broke up with Katie, she felt guilty for selling him out. As everyone left the warehouse, they looked up to the sky, which suddenly turned red. They saw Earth-616, another Earth, from another universe, looming up above.
Miles' world has been affected by a phenomena known as the incursions, in which two planets of Earth embark in a collision course. In hopes of survival, Miles investigated the opening of the Children of Tommorrow's Dome in Manhattan and ended up infiltrating a vessel built by the Maker and Cabal. As the raft survived into Battleworld, remnants of several universes are ruled by God-Emperor Doom, some occupants awoke from being in suspension animation. Spider-Man remained behind in order to give presence, when he found Sheriff Strange. Strange brought him to his Isle of Agamotto, a place full of lost universes. Once in the vessel was unlocked, the survivors of Earth-616, the other universe that collided with Miles', including Peter Parker.
Miles and Peter were recruited by the Maker and Mister Fantastic to sneak into the palace to investigate Doom's source of power. They came across Molecule Man in a secret chamber, he asked them if any of our arachnid heroes have any to eat. Luckily, Miles has a cheeseburger in his pocket and gave it to Molecule Man. As they were leaving, Molecule Man revealed to the source of Doom's power and claimed to be in debt for Miles.
As Reed had the power that was Doom's, led to the destruction of Battleworld in the process. As everything went white, Miles woke up in Earth-616 and had his entire life set there, he is now back with his father, mother, and even friends, this was all possible towards the act of giving from Molecule Man.
All-New, All Different MarvelAs a result of the ending events of the "Secret Wars" series, Miles now shares the same universe as Spider-Man of Earth-616 and the Spider-Man of 2099. With the blessing of Peter, Miles is now one of the few Spider-Men swinging around New York City. He was also a member of the All-New All-Different Avengers and is a current member of the Champions.
Powers and Abilities
Spider Physiology: Miles Morales gained the proportionate abilities of a spider after being bitten by a spider which had been genetically-modified with the Oz formula.
- Superhuman Strength: Miles possesses superhuman strength, capable of lifting at least 10 tons. His physical strength also extends into his legs, enabling him to be able to jump to a height of several stories in a single bound. He has to pull his punches and kicks, otherwise his blows would prove fatal to a normal human. Like Peter Parker, in times of great duress, he sometimes displays far greater feats of strength. During the events of Secret Empire, after watching Black Widow's murder, Miles shattered Captain America's shield with a single punch. Even though the shield was in no way as durable as Rogers' classic vibranium shield, it was still extremely durable.
- Superhuman Speed: Miles possesses the proportionate speed of a spider, therefore he can run at speeds that are far more beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Spider-Man's advanced musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human. This allows him to exert himself physically for much longer periods of time before fatigue begins to impair him. At his peak, Spider-Man can physically exert himself for several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: Miles' body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. His body is also more resistant to impact forces than most humans. He can withstand great impacts, such as being thrown through a plate-glass window, that would severely injure or kill a normal human.
- Superhuman Agility: Miles' agility, balance, flexibility and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are far beyond the natural physical limits of an Olympic-level gymnast.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Miles possesses the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. He seems able to adjust his position by instinct, which enables him to balance himself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Spider-Man's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are currently about 20 times greater than those of an ordinary human. In combination with his spider-sense, the speed of his reflexes allows him to dodge almost any attack.
- Wall-Crawling: Miles can cling to any surface using just his fingertips and feet. The extent to how much pressure he can stick to is unknown, except that he can handle lifting his own weight. He can stick to surfaces even through layers of clothing and footwear.
- Spider-Sense: When danger is present, Miles feels a buzzing sensation in his head as a sort of early warning system, allowing him to react accordingly. His Spider-Sense offers him near complete awareness of his surroundings, and in conjunction with his reflexes, allows him to instinctively dodge or counter nearly all attacks. His Spider-Sense seems to be greatly enhanced compared to that of Peter Parker. One example occurs the night that Peter is killed; Miles dreamed that he, himself, was being attacked by Electro, when, at the same time, the real Electro was preparing to hunt and murder Peter Parker many miles away. This suggests that Miles' ability, similar to Peter Parker of Earth-96283, may be borderline precognitive, as opposed to only warning of immediate danger. He is able to ignore his Spider-Sense like some other Spider-Men.
- Bio-Electrokinesis: Miles possesses control over natural electricity that his body produces, capable of utilizing it for offensive attacks.
- Venom Blast: Miles can send a bio-electric shock to his enemies or destroy technology by releasing a small spark of electricity from his hands. After the initial spark, moments later the enemy will be electrocuted. It seems that there are varying degrees to this ability, as some opponents have been simply dazed where others have been completely incapacitated. It also seems more effective on people with genetic alterations, such as the Green Goblin and Venom. This power provides a great advantage as Miles can end a confrontation quickly with little collateral damage.
- Mega-Venom Blast: When under extreme stress, Miles is capable of releasing a powerful burst of energy from his body but he can only use it once before needing to recharge it. It was powerful enough to destroy much of the Hydra laboratory Miles was being held in. This ability can be triggered by extreme stress, or focus on Miles' part, as he consciously activated it in his escape from Black Cat.
- Venom Punch: Miles can enhance the power of his punches by infusing his fists with bio-electricity.
- Energy-Web Generation: Miles can produce threads of bio-electricity from his fingers. Said spinnerets carry the same tensile prehensility of his web fluid, allowing him to swing from place to place or yank and flail around his opponents.
- Spider-Camouflage: Miles, including his clothing, can blend into his surroundings, allowing him to sneak up on his enemies or, in some cases, flee from them. The resulting effect closely resembles that of invisibility.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Miles is able to regenerate his injuries at a much faster rate than normal humans can. This was first displayed when the original spider-bite that gave him powers turned from "huge and gross looking" to a dot within ten minutes.
- Immortality (allegedly): Norman Osborn mentioned that immortality is a side effect of the Oz formula, because Miles' body was altered by the Oz formula, he would also have such power in theory.
Basic Hand to Hand Combat Skills
- Inexperience: Due to his relatively short time as Spider-Man, Miles biggest weakness is his inexperience in being a costumed crime-fighter. He still is not completely sure what his powers make him capable of and this handicaps his effectiveness because of this.
- Age: Although he is very bright and seemingly mature for a 16-year-old, his age and lack of real world experiences is sometimes an obstacle in understanding the gravity of the situations around him.
- Lack of Training: Miles has had no combat training beyond what he has learned from watching videos of Peter Parker in action and his own experimentation with his powers. This leads to him making tactical mistakes in fights, such as when he leaped into the center of a group of common thugs and was promptly floored with a punch to the face. Due to his poor combat skills, Miles relies on his reflexes and as he his said himself: luck to win his battles. This is shown in the crossover, Spider-Men where he fights the Peter Parker of Earth-616, and is only able to defeat him by a surprise Venom Blast attack, which Peter didn't know Miles could do. Miles has also admitted he doesn't get creative with his moves.
- Web-Shooters: Miles initially uses Peter Parker's Web Shooters, which were given to him by May Parker. He is eventually given a new set of Web Shooters by S.H.I.E.L.D. discharge a stream of a specialized fluid that solidifies upon exposure to air. The polymer is extremely strong and durable, with a tensile strength of 120 pounds per square millimeter of cross section. The polymer degrades after about one hour.
- Spider Suit: Miles wears a costume given to him by S.H.I.E.L.D. It's a skin-tight black and red ensemble with a mask that covers every square inch of his face. The suit is thin and lightweight which offers Miles superb maneuverability, but the suit is also incredibly tough and resistant to damage, including gunshots, so Miles is well protected.
Before getting Peter's web-shooters, Miles had no means for fast travel besides his enhanced speed, wall-crawling and leaping abilities. After acquiring them, he uses them as his main transport. His best friend Ganke makes the web fluid.
- In Marvel Super Hero Squad Online, Miles' Morales is a playable character.
- In 2011's Spider-Man: Edge of Time, for Amazing Spider-Man, Miles' black and red costume is wearable once unlocked.
- In 2014's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (video game), Miles Morales costume is wearable once unlocked.
- In 2015 in Marvel Avengers Alliance he is available to unlock completing missions of secret operations 27.
- In the android game he can be recruited on special events portals.
- Miles' face and name appeared in the Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series, in the episode 'I am Spider-Man', where his photograph was shown on a list of understudies willing to sing for Flash Thompson.
- On January 18, 2017, Sony Animation announced that it was developing an animated Spider-Man feature film that will star the Miles Morales version of the character. It will be executive produced by Phil Lord and Chris Miller, with Lord writing the screenplay, and co-directed by Peter Ramsey and Bob Persichetti.
- Miles' parents names were revealed in the letter page of New Ultimate Spider-Man issue 8.
- The Timeline was established by Brian Bendis via Comic Book Resources.
- Miles' father is African-American and his mother is Puerto Rican.
- While the original OZ enhanced spider that created Spider-Man was killed, the new enhanced spider survived and can still bite others to create new enhanced humans.
- Miles, unlike Peter Parker and similar to Ben Reilly of Earth-616, wears his web-shooters on the outside of his costume.
- Mile's greatest fear is that his secret identity could cause the death of his family.
- Miles became Spider-Man when he was thirteen, but his predecessor Peter Parker took up the mask when he was fifteen.
- Miles last name is Morales which is his mother's last name and not his father's last name, which is Davis.
- Miles takes his mother's last name similar to how Miguel O'Hara, the Spider-Man of the year 2099 takes his mother's last name.
- Miles was born and raised in Brooklyn and has an aptitude for science much like his predecessor, Peter Parker, but as shown later on, his powers differ from Peter's such as his Spider-Camouflage and Venom Strike.
- Miles has stated his best subject is Math.