|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! - Peter Parker
This article is plagiarized.
It seems the information on this article is mostly or entirely copied from another source. Please edit this article to make it more original.
| The Jackal
|Full Name:||Miles Warren|
|First Appearance:|| Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #31 (as Miles Warren)|
Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #129 (as the Jackal)
|Created by:|| Stan Lee|
|Place of Birth:||Unknown|
|Base:||New York City|
|Affiliations:||None; formerly Miles Warren Clones (New U), Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy Clones (Abby-L, Joyce Delaney, Spider-Clones (Kaine, Ben Reilly, Spidercide), The Queen, Miles Warren Clones, Spider-King, Spider-Queens, Carrion|
|Powers/Abilities:||Miles Warren was a genius in the fields of biochemistry, genetics, and cloning. Skilled martial artist and gymnast.|
|Height:||5' 10" (1.79 m)|
|Weight:||175 lbs (79 kg)|
|Unique Features:||Large pointed ears & claws as Jackal|
"Pay attention. Class is in session. Ever hear of "The Butterfly Effect"? How going back in time and stepping on one bug could wipe out the present? Just imagine, then, what I'm about to do to the future. Heard about how Earth's bumblebee population took a hit? How it might destroy our planet's entire ecosystem? That was me. I did it for a lark. Just to see if I could. This, however, this is work. And after months of bedbug outbreaks... (You can thank me latter, Manhattan)... I believe I've finally cooked up the perfect batch. They're ready. C'mon, babies... Time to leave the nest. Or should I say nests? Thousand of locations around the city. Can you hear them? Scurrying? The pitter patter of their little feet? Nom. Nom. Nom. Good night, New York. Sleep tight. Have a bite. It's on me. My name is Miles Warren. And you... All of you... You are my science experiment."
"I'm aware of your ability, Parker! You take to science like butter takes to bread! But not even you can keep your grades up when you're absent more than you're here!"
Not much is known about Mile's early life. What we do know is that Miles had previously been an assistant of the High Evolutionary at Wundagore Mountain some time after he earned his Ph.D in biochemistry. During his time as the High Evolutionary's assistant, Warren assisted him in experiments that involved turning animals into humans and vice-versa. Conflict arose between Warren and the Evolutionary because Warren had succeeded in creating the "New Men", who looked practically human, whereas the Evolutionary was not able to. Not long after, Warren had created a jackal that exhibited a Jekyll-Hyde personality. When the test subject escaped, the Evolutionary banished Warren from Wundagore. Determined to continue his research, Warren sought out Maelstrom, who continued Warren's training and supplied him with new lab equipment. Warren eventually settled down with a woman named Monica who bore him two small children. Unfortunately, his wife and children soon killed in what was originally believed to be a car crash; however, it was later revealed to be the result of an assault by his highly evolved Man-Jackal, who had become envious of his creator.
Miles Warren eventually became a professor of biology at Empire State University. There, he met Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. During his tenure there, Warren secretly fell in love with Gwen, Miles also had a brother named Raymond, who was a science teacher at Peter Parker's high school and was the person who introduced Peter to Miles
Becoming the Jackal
After Gwen Stacy's death at the hands of the Green Goblin, Warren swore vengeance on Spider-Man, falsely believing it was the superhero who caused her death, not realizing that the Green Goblin had the motives to kill her. Gwen's death drove Warren into depression and despair, which drove him further into insanity.
Not long after Gwen's death, Warren's lab assistant, Anthony Serba, revealed that he had successfully cloned a frog using technology he and Warren had developed together. Seeing an oporunnity to get Gwen back, Warren secretly gave Serba tissue samples of Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker, stating to Serba these were only rat cells. Sometime later, Serba confronted Warren, stating he had discovered that the tissue samples he was asked to clone were human, not rat, and that they must be destroyed immediately. Panicking, Warren attempted to cover Serba's mouth to stop him from talking, accidentally suffocating him. Unable to accept responsibility for what he had done, Warren created a dual personality which he dubbed "The Jackal" and convinced himself that he was innocent and it was the Jackel who murdered Serba.
All the hatred for Spider-Man manifested itself in his new Jackal persona and he began to plot his revenge on him. For his revenge, Warren further develops his alter ego by fashioning a green suit and training himself athletically. He initially harassed Spider-Man numerous times, setting him up against various other adversaries and manipulating them into fighting Spider-Man. Warren allied himself with the Punisher against Spider-Man, but his alliance with the Punisher was quickly dissolved when it was revealed that Jackal was manipulating him. Jackal's next attempts were to incite a gang war between Hammerhead and Doctor Octopus. Later, the Jackal equipped wrestler Maxwell Markham with the costume and powerful exoskeleton of the Grizzly and sent him to assassinate newspaper publisher J. Jonah Jameson. The Jackal then held Peter Parker hostage in a scheme to trap Spider-Man. Sometime after, he became aware of Spider-Man's identity and set out in his next major agenda.
Multiple Fake Returns
Dead No More
Powers & Abilities
After his regeneration, Miles Warren had the strength, speed and agility of a jackal, amplified to superhuman levels.
Miles Warren was a genius in the fields of biochemistry, genetics, and cloning. He is also a skilled martial artist and gymnast.
- Advanced gadgets and devices as needed.
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratories.
- Drug-tipped, electro-prod claws.
This is a List of all the clones that Miles Warren has created over the years:
- The Miles Warren clone who died at Shea Stadium in The Amazing Spider-Man #149.
- The Miles Warren clone who married the Gwen Stacy clone and died of clone degeneration in Web of Spider-Man #125.
- The Miles Warren clone in the Daredevil/Punisher Limited Series.
- The original Miles Warren clone who became Carrion.
- The Gwen Stacy clone introduced in The Amazing Spider-Man #144. She went by the aliases Joyce Delaney and Gwen Miles.
- Abby-L, the original Gwen Stacy clone who is also infected with the Carrion virus; introduced in Spider Island: Deadly Foes.
- The Gwen Stacy clone introduced in The Amazing Spider-Man #399 who dies of clone degeneration.
- Ben Reilly aka the Scarlet Spider aka Spider-Man II.
- Kaine/Kaine Parker aka Tarantula - the first Peter Parker clone who suffered from clone degeneration.
- Spidercide - Peter Parker clone who has control over his own molecules.
- Jack - Peter Parker clone, the Jackal's diminutive henchman who dies from clone degeneration.
- Guardian - Peter Parker clone who guarded the entrance to one of the Jackal's headquarters; he also died of clone degeneration.
- The Spider-Man skeleton found in the smokestack Ben Reilly was dumped down at the end of the original clone story.
- The army of Spider-Man clones in Maximum Clonage.
- The multiple Miles Warren clones featured in "Spider-Island" who act as the henchmen for Jackal and the Queen.
- The Spider-Queen clones that were harvested from the Queen's DNA sent to fight Spider-Man.
- The two Jackal/Miles Warren clones that kidnapped Alpha and his family, which Spider-Man fought.
- The Alpha clones created to harvest/clone the Parker Particles.