|Full Name:||Peter Parker|
|First Appearance:||Spider-Verse #2|
|Created by:||Dan Slott, Ty Templeton, Paco Herrera|
|Place of Birth:||Queens, New York City, New York, USA|
|Base:||New York City, New York, United States of America, Regency, Battleworld|
|Affiliations:||Daily Bugle ; formerly Spider-Army|
Peter Parker (of Earth-18119) aka Spider-Man, is an alternative version of Spider-Man. He lives with his wife Mary Jane Watson-Parker and his daughter Annie Parker.
Spider-Man was drafted into the Spider-Army to battle the Inheritors, where he befriended a black-suited Spider-Man from an unknown reality during the invasion of Loomworld.
After the Multiverse was destroyed by incursions, and recreated in the form of Battleworld, Spider-Man and his family found themselves in a domain known as the Regency, fashioned from the remnants of his dimension by the iron will of God Emperor Doom.
When numerous superheroes started disappearing and numerous villains escaped from Ryker's, Peter was called in with a meeting with the Avengers to help defeat the threat, but he realized one of the potential escapees was Venom, who would be coming after his family.
Spider-Man swung to his apartment, where he found his family in Venom's grasp. When he engaged the symbiotic villain in battle, Mary Jane took their baby Annie out of the building, and decided to follow a FDNY firetruck to a nearby building set ablaze, where she could be safe from Venom due to the symbiote's weakness against fire. Venom soon followed Mary Jane to the building, but Spider-Man arrived just in time and forced the villain into the blazing building. Upon being notified the building had been evacuated, Spider-Man realized what he had to do to prevent Venom from coming back to endanger his family ever again, he destroyed a pillar, causing the building to collapse on top of Venom, crushing and finally killing him.
Meanwhile, the Avengers had unsuccessfully confronted Augustus Roman, who had named himself the Regent. Roman had acquired the means to mimic the abilities of superheroes by harvesting genetic materials from their corpses after killing them. Regent killed the Avengers and the other heroes, leaving only Spider-Man, who wasn't present at the final battle. With the Regent having taken control over the domain by force, and guilt over having been forced to kill Brock, Peter decided to retire the mantle of Spider-Man to focus on protecting his family.
To prevent their powers from being scanned, Peter and Annie used inhibitor bracelets. The night before starting school, Annie's inhibitor broke down, and the next day she had to keep her powers down in hopes they wouldn't be noticed. After taking photos of D-Man, who was protesting against the Regent's regime, being taken down by Boomerang, Shocker, and Rhino, Peter headed to the Daily Bugle, where he overheard that the Regent's forces had found super-powered people in the same school, Public School 122 Mamie Fay. Using his hood as his only disguise, Peter jumped through the city and got to the school, where he found the Power Pack fending off the Regent's goons. Spider-Man distracted the villains and allowed the kids to escape, while Mary Jane retrieved Annie. Back at the Regent's headquarters, he decided to unleash the Sinister Six to hunt down Spider-Man, now that he had resurfaced.
Spider-Man tried to buy power inhibitors from the Tinkerer, but the latter alerted the Sinister Six, of which Doctor Octopus came to get Spider-Man. Spider-Man violently subdued Otto before the Sinister Six arrived to the scene, and were left only with the information that he had taken inhibitor chips. Kraven deduced he was trying to protect somebody by using the chips, for which he most likely had a family, specifically a child. Peter returned to his home and reconfigured the inhibitor chips for Annie, when the Regent made a television broadcast announcing a compulsory screening in Annie's school. When Peter, MJ, and Annie arrived to the building the following day, they were able to pass the scans; however, another kid, Lewis, was revealed to have powers, forcing Peter to jump into action as Spider-Man to defend the young mutant. While he faced the rest of the Sinister Six, Mockingbird and Prowler, who were disguised as Regent's agents, discovered Annie was the other powered kid, and abducted her and her mother.
Spider-Man finished dealing with the Sinister Six when Sandman, also working for S.H.I.E.L.D., tried to convince Parker to follow him. Peter doubted Sandman's word, which allowed enough time for the Regent to personally appear and subdue both of them. Meanwhile, Annie and MJ were introduced to S.H.I.E.L.D. and its leader, Hawkeye. While Spider-Man and Marko were brought to the Regent's headquarters, Dr. Johnny Ohnn worked at the resistance's base to reverse engineer Annie's inhibitor bracelet, and he created an arrow-head which could neutralize the Regent's powers, but first needed a DNA sample from him. The resistance's base was soon invaded by the Sinister Six after the Regent read Sandman's mind to learn of its location, and while S.H.I.E.L.D. used one of Ohnn's portals to escape, Annie jumped into action, helping to hold back the villains. Another portal was opened, which had been sewn into Sandman and Marko had activated it to let S.H.I.E.L.D. get into the Regent's stronghold. Hawkeye, Mockingbird, and Prowler entered it, and they were soon followed by MJ and Annie. While S.H.I.E.L.D. tried and failed to neutralize the Regent, Annie and MJ confronted the Regent's scientists. Using an armor similar to the Regent taken from one of the scientists, MJ helped Annie destabilize the mechanisms in the containers that held the heroes killed by the Regent that allowed him access to their powers. This course of action drew the Regent's attention, who confronted Annie and MJ. Hearing his family in danger allowed Peter to escape imprisonment and attack the Regent, taking the action from Empire Unlimited's headquarters to the street. Annie decided to help his father, and she struck the villain with an arrow-head obtained from Hawkeye; however, even with his powers neutralized, the Regent was still a threat. Peter, Annie, and MJ teamed up to beat him up, but the Regent got hold of Annie. Peter bluffed his way next to the Regent, and made a joke that caused the villain to laugh and be distracted for long enough so Peter could strike a finishing blow that knocked him out, though he had initially intended to deal a killing blow. S.H.I.E.L.D. proceeded to take the Regent into custody using an improvised restraining unit created by the Prowler. With the Regent neutralized, Peter, MJ, and Annie resumed their normal lives.
Brawl in the Family
After defeating Regent, and the rebirth of the Multiverse (including his home reality), Peter, Mary Jane and Annie still resumed their normal lives with Peter having returned to his original suit while he discarded his black suit.
Since his daughter Annie had become increasingly interested with crime-fighting activities, Peter reversed engineered the Empire Unlimited Test Suit for his wife Mary Jane for her own costume to keep an eye on Annie while their daughter had been given a more upgraded suit made by her parents.
Peter was sending photos of Spider-Man fighting the Scorpion to the Daily Bugle with J Jonah Jameson still rejecting the photos that Peter had taken. When an incident occurs at the former headquarters of the Empire Unlimited, Peter changed into Spider-Man and went to confront a Tyrannosaurus and the henchmen of Mole Man. He was also joined by his wife Mary Jane (calling herself Spinneret) and unintentionally, their daughter Annie.
Peter then informed Mary Jane that there was something wrong with the Regent tech that MJ was utilizing to mimic his powers. While they were talking, the ground gave way and the pair fell down into Subterranea . Waking they found Mole Man plotting to use some of Regent's tech for himself. Annie then drops down into the hole via web-swinging upside down (where she had lured the Tyrannosaurus into the hole) much to Peter and Mary Jane's chagrin.
After fleeing with Annie to get her to safety, Peter, Mary Jane and Annie almost fell into a pit of lava and end up getting into a muddle when Peter tries to save Annie but accidentally webs Mary Jane and they both crash into each other. While arguing about what a bad idea that to let Annie to her own crime-fighting, Annie hears the Mole Man making his plans to destroy New York with a powerful weapon. She tries to tell her parents of that the Mole Man was doing, but Peter and Mary Jane were too busy talking, forcing Annie to take down the Mole Man herself.
Peter and Mary Jane realised what Annie was doing and quickly ended their arguing and went to help Annie take down Mole Man. With Mole Man successfully defeated by the family themselves, Peter decided to let his daughter join the team and gives her a codename: Spiderling which Annie accepted and the three web-swinged home.
The Venom Solution
Unbeknownst to Spidey and MJ, while Brock was dead, the symbiote had survived, having come into the possession of Liz Allan, who was planning to use it to kill Spider-Man and his family, in order to prevent her son Normie from following in his father and grandfather's footsteps as the Green Goblin.
Powers and Abilities
- Spider Physiology: Due to him being bitten by a radioactive spider, Spider-Man possesses the proportionate powers of a spider; such as superhuman strength, durability, stamina, speed, agility, reflexes, senses, regeneration, balance and sense of equilibrium. He can cling to solid surfaces and has a "spider-sense" which alerts him to danger.
- Spider-Sense: Being his most important superpower, Spider-Man possesses a precognitive "Spider-Sense" that is an early warning detection system that detects impending danger before it happens and warns him via a tingling or buzzing sensation in the base of his skull, giving him more than plenty of time to react via identifying whether a danger is potential or immediate, how intense a threat it is, what direction it is coming from, how fast it is, etc.
- Superhuman Strength: Possessing the proportionate strength of a spider, Spider-Man possesses far more strength then any normal human. His strength also extends into his legs, enabling him to jump or leap to great distances.
- Superhuman Jumping: Possessing the proportionate jumping of a spider, Spider-Man can jump much higher than any normal human.
- Superhuman Leaping: Possessing the proportionate leaping of a spider, Spider-Man can leap much further than any normal human
- Superhuman Durability: With his body physically tougher and more resistant, Spider-Man possesses far more durability then any normal human.
- Superhuman Stamina: Spider-Man possesses far more stamina then a normal human, allowing him to perform physical activities for any longer period.
- Superhuman Speed: With the proportionate speed of a spider, Spider-Man possesses far more speed then any normal human.
- Superhuman Agility: With his agility and bodily coordination enhanced beyond normal human levels, Spider-Man possesses far more agility then any normal human.
- Superhuman Flexibility: With his agility and bodily coordination enhanced beyond normal human levels, Spider-Man possesses far more flexibility than any normal human.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Spider-Man's balance and flexibility are more greater than a normal human which allows him to balance perfectly on any object, either small or narrow.
- Superhuman Reflexes: With his reflexes enhanced beyond normal human levels, Spider-Man possesses reflexes that are far more greater than any normal human.
- Superhuman Senses: With his senses more enhanced, he no longer needs his glasses after the spider's bite, Spider-Man possesses far more senses then any normal human, allowing him to sense, hear, and see anything like most real spiders do.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Spider-Man has a regenerative factor that allows him to rapidly heal at better healing speed and capabilities than any normal human being is capable of. It also makes him immune to toxins such as alcohol and other drugs. It is unknown if it is powerful enough to affect Spider-Man's aging.
- Wall-Crawling: Spider-Man is able to stick any surface (no matter how rough or slippery) by using his body including his hands and feet like all real spiders do.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Peter is very smart because he possesses an IQ of 250 which means he is able to built and design his own web-shooters, his Spider-Man equipment.
- Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Due to him being a crime-fighter for many years, Spider-Man is a very skilled hand-to-hand combatant.
- Skilled Acrobat: Thanks to his superhuman agility, strength, speed, equilibrium, leaping, jumping, reflexes, flexibility and spider-sense, Spider-Man is an amazing acrobat and gymnast. He is skilled in all known types of acrobatics and gymnastics which allow him to dodge or counter any attack.
- Spider-Man's Suit: Peter's Spider-Man costume is the same due to his mainstream counterpart's costume which is handmade and sewn by Peter himself. He temporarily wore his cloth black suit, but after the rebirth of the Multiverse, he returned to his old suit.
- Web-Shooters: Peter wears twin set of web-shooters underneath his gloves that allow him to shoot extremely sticky, thin, strong and flexible web like fluid which he uses to swing through New York or combat against his enemies.
- Web-Swinging: Spider-Man can use his web-shooters to transport himself by web-swinging through the streets of New York City.