|Real name:||Peter Benjamin Parker|
|Other Aliases:||Peter Parker, Spidey, "Puny Parker", "Petey", Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man,"Midtown High's Only Professional Wallflower", Tiger, Spidey, Web-head, Webslinger, Wallcrawler. The Human Spider|
|Created by:||Greg Weisman|
|Voiced by:||Josh Keaton|
|Number of Appearances:||26|
|First Appearance:||Survival of the Fittest|
|Appearance of Death:|
|Relatives:|| May Parker (Aunt)|
Ben Parker (Uncle; Deceased)
|Place of Birth:||New York City|
|Affiliations:||Daily Bugle (Freelance photographer)|
|Base of Operations:||New York City, New York|
"Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try. How I spent my summer vacation, by Peter Benjamin Parker. I can sum it up in one, glorious, hyphenated word... Spider-Man! I am, the Spectacular Spider-Man!"
Little is known about this version of Peter Parker's early history. At some point, his parents Richard and Mary Parker died in a plane crash. Orphaned as a young boy, Peter was then brought into the household to live with Richard's older brother Ben and his wife May in Forest Hills in Queens, New York. Peter grew close to Ben and May as they raised him and that they were the only family he had. both Ben and May helped him with his studies.
As Peter grew older, his bond with Ben and May became stronger. Peter became extremely bright and became a honors student at Midtown High School. Peter's shyness and scholastic interest (especially in science) often made him a social outcast, being overshadowed by the likes of high school bully, Flash Thompson. but on a fateful day on a field trip to E.S.U young Peter's life was changed forever. After being bitten on the hand by a spider genetically altered by radiation, Peter was endowed with spider-like abilities. When walking home from school Peter's spider sense warned him of danger he then realized a car running right at him he jumped out of the way and clung to a building Peter was amazed by this and looked for other ways to test his abilities.
At some point later, Peter sews and designs a red and blue costume to conceal his identity, created web fluid that could be fired out of his wrist-mounted web shooters, and called himself Spider-Man.
Becoming The Spectacular Spider-ManEdit
Peter at first decided to use his powers irresponsibly and then asked Uncle Ben for advice. Uncle Ben then said the words, "with great power there must also come great responsibility." Peter ignored his advice and looked for ways to cash in his powers, beating Crusher Hogan in less than 2 minutes. Peter was crowned the new champion. Peter then had to sign an exclusive contract with the wrestling company (which he declined). Peter didn't get a dime.
Using his spider powers to help him get home, he then opened the door to a crying Aunt May. Peter ran over to comfort her and ask her what happened. She then tells him that Uncle Ben was shot by a burglar that broke into their house and used his car to escape. Enraged, Peter was furious at this and sought revenge,so he went after the criminal as Spider-Man, and confronted the burglar in an old warehouse. Spider-Man unmasked the robber, only to find it was the same man who he let escape earlier. After knocking the criminal out and lowering him to policeman via web line. Overcome with guilt, Peter vowed to use his powers for good and to never put himself before anyone else, remembering his uncle's words that, "With great power comes great responsibility" becoming a superhero.
High School LifeEdit
After a fun summer of keeping the streets of New York safe, it was back to school for Peter Parker. He claimed everything would change. After reuniting with his friends, Peter went over to ask Sally to be his girlfriend. Sally replied with a cold, "Are you damaged?" Flash walks over to Sally and then Kong comes along. Flash tells Kong that Peter was flirting with Sally. Peter tries to apologize to Kong, but Kong wasn't angry at Peter. Although Sally was angry, she said she would like to walk on a "Parker free planet". Peter was really offended by this, but chose to let it go to pursue more important things, like finding a job. Peter found a job as an intern working for Dr. Curt Connors. To his dismay, Peter was unaware that interns don't get paid.
Peter heard that the Daily Bugle would pay for pictures of Spider-Man. Knowing they needed the money, Peter tried to set himself up for perfect photos as Spider-Man stopping crime, to raise Spider-Man's popularity.
When Dr. Connors created a serum that could regenerate lost limbs using Lizard DNA, he was transformed into a terrifying Lizard-like creature. Seeing an opportunity to take pictures, Peter leaves behind Gwen and Mrs. Connors, saying he can't be late to get home. He then heads out as Spider-Man to stop Connors at the local Reptilian Zoo. A battle ensued between Spider-Man and The Lizard, and with Eddie's help, he defeated Connors and got pictures for the Daily Bugle.
Peter was fired from his job as intern when everyone saw that he had taken pictures and lied about going home, which stressed his relationship with Eddie and the Connors.
Aunt May was having trouble paying the bills, but asked Anna Watson not to mention a thing to Peter because she didn't want him to worry. A few months later, Peter found a job, a girl, and his true life as Spider-Man. He knew that his life wasn't a fairy tale, but he knew it would have a great end. He continued fighting his foes by night as the Spectacular Spider-Man.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Spider Physiology: Peter Parker/Spider-Man possesses the proportionate powers of a spider, due to being bitten by a genetically altered spider. His powers include:
- Spider-Sense: One of Peter's most useful abilities. Peter is capable of sensing danger, via a buzzing sensation in his skull
- Superhuman Strength: Peter is much stronger than any human being, allowing him to combat foes that would otherwise be able to overwhelm him and lift incredibly heavy objects.
- Superhuman Durability: Peter can handle injuries that would disable or kill humans with no injury or discomfort.
- Superhuman Speed: Peter can run and move faster than any human can. His enhanced speed is the same as a spider as he is able to swing faster while web-swinging through New York.
- Superhuman Stamina: With an improved stamina, Peter is able to exert himself much longer than any human without tiring.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Peter's body is very flexible, allowing him to contort himself into any position without losing balance.
- Superhuman Agility: Peter's agility and bodily coordination are greater than any human, he is able to perform all types of acrobatic and gymnastic abilities.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Peter's reflexes are much faster than any human. His enhanced reflexes allow him to dodge at any attack even without looking.
- Superhuman Senses: His senses are greatly enhanced as he no longer needed his glasses after the spider bite. He is able to sense and hear objects close to him like what most spiders do.
- Superhuman Metabolism: His metabolism is also enhanced, allowing him to recover from injuries at a faster rate than humans as well as retain his athletic physique with minimal exercise.
- Wall-Crawling: Peter is able to cling to any surface using only his hands, feet and back just like what all spiders do.
- Genius-Level Intellect: This isn't exactly a superpower, but Peter's large IQ (250 IQ) is how he created his web shooters (along with the web fluid), costume, Spider-Signal, Utility Belt. He is excellent in science and technology as he receives several A's in his classes.
- Skilled Photographer: Peter is a very skilled photographer.
- Master Acrobat: Thanks to his superhuman agility, Spider-Man is an excellent acrobat and gymnast. He is capable of performing various types of acrobatics and gymnastics.
- Master Combatant: Thanks to his amazing superhuman physiology and spider-sense, Peter Parker/Spider-Man is a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant. He is shown to take down the likes of Sandman, Rhino, Vulture, Lizard, Doctor Octopus, Kraven, Shocker, Green Goblin, Electro and Venom.
- Web-Fluid: It was invented by Peter Parker and is meant to simulate a spider's web. The web is a pasty glue like substance shot from any web-shooter with high pressure and upon hitting air and with the help of the web-shooter, forms into a thin, tough and flexible adhesive. It also dissolves after an hour.
- Web-Shooters: After becoming Spider-Man, Peter Parker made two cuff like devices he calls his "Web-shooters" that allow him to do web-based attacks and swing from building to building.
- Spider-Signal: Most notably seen in the first episode, Spider-Man is seen using the Spider-Signal, a bright light that he created with Spider-Man's face on it to the criminals about his arrival.
- Utility Belt: Spider-Man created a a belt that is used to hold cartridges for his web fluid.
- Spider-Man's Suit: Also created by Peter Parker himself using his sewing and handmade skills. He has used his red and blue suit to fight crime as Spider-Man. He has several spare suits in case one of his suits get damaged during conflicts.
- This alternate version of Peter Parker has a mole on his face. This is a sign of the series' character designer, Sean Galloway, who himself a similar mole on his own cheek and puts it on the cheek of all his animated characters.