|Leader(s):||Maria Hill; formerly Daisy Johnson, Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, G.W. Bridge, Nick Fury, Dum Dum Dugan, Sharon Carter, Valentina de la Fontaine, Rick Stoner|
|Strange Tales Vol. 1 #135|
|Creators:|| Stan Lee|
S.H.I.E.L.D (an acronym for "Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate") is a United Nations sanctioned espionage and secret military law-enforcement agency that deals with threats pertaining to superhuman inolvement.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. has created and used a wide variety of advanced vehicles, weapons and other equipment.
- The S.H.I.E.L.D. regulation issue sidearm was originally a .30-caliber rapid-fire machine pistol, later replaced by an advanced plasma-beam pistol. Nick Fury often carried his personal sidearm, the NF3000, a .15 caliber handgun, a weapon that fired explosive flechettes.
- The S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier is the capital ship and headquarters of the S.H.I.E.L.D organization.
- The S.H.I.E.L.D. Flying Car is a standard issue vehicle offered to every S.H.I.E.L.D agent.
- The S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier HQ
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Central, located in New York City
- S.H.I.E.L.D. used to stand for "Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division" but was changed to "Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate".
- S.H.I.E.L.D.'s logo used to potray an eagle with an American Shield in the center looking left, encased in a circle, but has since been updated to a slicker, slimmer design depicting an eagle looking to the right.