|Spider-Armor MK I|
|First appearance:||Web of Spider-Man #100|
|Lead Designer(s):||Peter Parker|
The Spider-Armor is a costume/battlesuit that Spider-Man had to use when the New Enforcers started attacking New York.
It first appeared in the Web of Spider-Man #100, as that was its only appearance since it was later destroyed by acid in that same issue.
When the New Enforcers attacked New York using high caliber fire-arms, Spider-Man created a suit of "Spider-Armor". Composed of a pseudo-metallic compound Peter Parker developed at Empire State University, the suit slowed him down, but allowed him to be bullet proof. During battle, the suit was mostly destroyed by acid.
The costume grants no additional features. It does make Spider-Man bulletproof, however, with a cost at his speed and jumping level since the weight of the costume slows the user down.
- In the series finale of the Spider-Man (1994 TV series) in which Spider-Man meets Spider-Men from parallel universes in the episode "Spider Wars", he meets a billionaire Peter Parker who wears the Spider-Armor MK I.
- The armor appears in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter but as a secret character which is basically a palette swap, this version of Spider-Man that has limited armor, based on a metallic suit he wore in the comics as well as episodes later aired in the Marvel Studios animated series. He jumps sightly lower than before due to the heaviness of his armor.
- In 2000's Spider-Man (video game), the costume is wearable in the form of a powerup, which adds an additional bar of health, but lowers the height that the player can jump.
- In 2008'sSpider-Man: Web of Shadows, the Spider Armor MK I is an alternate costume for red-and-blue Spider-Man after completing Act 2 in the Wii version.
- In 2010's Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, the costume is unlockable and wearable for Miguel O'Hara only.
- In 2011's Marvel Super Hero Squad Online, the armor is buyable and wearable as a costume under the name "Armored Spider-Man"
- In the mobile game Spider-Man Unlimted the Spider-Armor MK I is an alternate version of Peter Parker.
- The Spider-Armor MK I also appears in 2018's Marvel's Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC part 2: Turf Wars as an unlockable costume at the beginning of the DLC.