|First Appearance:||Amazing Spider-Man #399 (March, 1995)|
|Created by:||J.M. DeMatteis|
|Place of Birth:||Miles Warren's Laboratory|
|Affiliations:||Miles Warren (Earth-616)|
|Height:||5' 10"; Variable|
|Weight:||165 lbs; Variable|
He was originally locked in a stasis pod (much like Guardian and Jack were) to be used at a later date for an, as-of-then, unspecified purpose. Despite appearances, the red and blue he is wearing is not a costume, but the color of his skin.
While still in denial of the fact that he was a clone, Spidercide died during a battle with Ben Reilly and Kaine, after Kaine impaled him through the heart with an electrically charged pole. Jackal later recovered his remains and he regenerated in 36 hours, without medical attention. He later mortally wounded Kaine by impaling him through the chest, causing an enraged Ben Reilly to throw him into a power grid, but again, he quickly regenerated. He later fought Peter Parker & Ben Reilly on the roof of the Daily Bugle, where Ben kicked him off the roof. He fell before his webbing could catch, splattering his body into a pile of inert, protoplasmic goo. His remains were taken away by police and he was frozen to keep him from returning.
Powers & Abilities
Generally Enhanced Physiology: Spidercide's overall metabolic efficiency has been greatly increased, and the composition of his skeleton, connective tissues, muscles, and nervous system have all been enhanced. His resistance to other toxins varies, but is typically significantly higher than normal. However, Spidercide has normal human tolerance to the effects of alcoholic beverages and cannabis. Spidercide's unique physiology even allows him to recover from the effects of vampirism. Unlike his genetic template, Spidercide is completely immune to all forms of disease and infection.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Spidercide possesses a very unique variation of Peter's accelerated healing factor, due to his continued cellular degeneration. He heals from injury at about 20 times the rate that Peter does, being able to recover from virtually any type of injury. Spidercide also possesses a unique ability to shapeshift that provides him with complete control over every molecule in his body. This allows him to survive even the loss of vital organs or limbs, and being reduced to a semi-liquid form with ease.
- Wall-Crawling: Spidercide is capable of crawling on walls and ceilings. He has conscious control over this ability, and it is simple and instinctive for him to use. If Spidercide does not willingly detach, but is pulled off by force, the surface usually breaks still attached to his body. However, it has been shown that a significant shock can cause him to lose control of his power and fall off a surface. If a surface is too slippery, he has problems sticking to it; if it is too fragile or crumbling, it is unable to support his weight. He can also use his clinging ability to lift or hold objects; for instance, he can catch a thrown ball simply by touching it with one fingertip. Spidercide is also able to jump against the walls and he can also sprint against a wall which helps him climb surfaces a lot faster.
- Enhanced Strength & Stamina: Spidercide's enhanced strength enables him to lift 10 tons (20,000 pounds). He can easily kill a normal person (a non-superhuman with no mechanical apparatus or other enhancements) with one punch. His bodily tissue is a great deal more durable and resistant to all types of injury than a normal human. Spidercide can leap several stories vertically or the width of a city street. While his running speed has never been definitely established, he can run at superhuman speeds for short sprints and has been shown to be easily capable of overtaking fast-moving cars and is capable of generating organic weblines, but always prefers using his semi-liquid form to travel.
- Superhuman Reflexes & Agility: Spidercide's agility and reflexes are far superior to those of an ordinary human, even those that represent the peak of human conditioning such as Captain America. The speed of his reflexes combined with his Spider-Sense allows him to dodge almost any attack, even 50 caliber gunfire at point blank range. Spidercide has the ability to maintain his equilibrium on any surface that he can stick to. For example, he can balance on one finger on a high wire, or stand upright on a wall, his body parallel to the ground.
- Spider-Sense: Spidercide's "Spider-Sense" manifests in a tingling feeling at the base of his skull, alerting him to personal danger in proportion to the severity of that danger. It appears to be a simultaneous, seemingly clairvoyant response to a wide variety of phenomena. Though the exact mechanism of this ability is unknown, his Spider-Sense clearly has at least two aspects in addition to sensing potential or immediate danger: A psychological awareness of his surroundings, similar to the radar-sense of Daredevil. Even under normal conditions, his Spider-Sense helps him navigate darkened rooms, instinctively avoiding obstacles or hazards, or potentially noisy or unstable floorboards, walls or ceilings that may betray his presence. This ability can detect certain radio frequencies. Using his Spider-Sense to time his enhanced reflexes, Spidercide can casually dodge attacks up to and including automatic-weapons fire. Even point blank, his Spider-Sense has already warned him in enough time to get away like a precognitive sense, before he can even consciously think about his actions. However, he can ignore this instinct. His Spider-Sense is sufficiently well-linked to his reflexes, a threat can trigger them even when Spidercide is asleep or stunned. Spidercide can also sense and dodge attacks directed randomly or by a computer. His Spider-Sense does not react to those whom Spidercide does not consider a threat, such as Peter or any of his fellow clone brothers.
- Organic Webbing: Spidercide also inherited the portion of Peter's DNA that allows his body to generate its own, organic webbing.
- DNA Transcription Errors: Due to cellular degeneration, Spidercide's DNA is only 55.1% identical to that of his genetic template. Spidercide possesses a very unique variation of Peter's accelerated healing factor, due to his continued cellular degeneration. He heals from injury at about 20 times the rate that Peter does, being able to recover from virtually any type of injury. Spidercide also possesses a unique ability to shapeshift that provides him with complete control over every molecule in his body. This allows him to survive even the loss of vital organs or limbs, and being reduced to a semi-liquid form with ease. Like all of Peter's other clones, he does not set off Peter's or any of Peter's other clones' Spider-Sense's, and they also do not set his Spider-Sense off.