|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! - Peter Parker
This article is plagiarized.
It seems the information on this article is mostly or entirely copied from another source. Please edit this article to make it more original.
|Full Name:||Stephen Strange|
|First Appearance:||Strange Tales #110 (July 1963)|
|Created by:|| Stan Lee|
|Place of Birth:||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Base:||Doctor Strange's Mansion, Greenwich Village, New York City|
|Affiliations:||Illuminati, formerly New Avengers, The Order, Defenders, Midnight Sons|
|Powers/Abilities:|| Skilled martial artist|
Substantial medical and magical knowledge
One of the most powerful Sorcerers ever
|Height:||6' 2" (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||180 lbs (82 kg)|
|Hair Color:|| Black|
(White at Temples)
"By the sands that time has shifted, By the Winds of weird Watoomb, Let the masking veil be lifted, Though it means a demon's doom!"
A superstar doctor, he credited his success to his hands, which never shook or made mistakes while in the operating room. Despite his great skill, Stephan cared only for himself and turning down charity work in pursuit of wealth.
Becoming the Sorcerer SupremeOne day, he drove off in his sports car for to meet with a wealthy stockbroker, who he believed could make him even richer. Not paying attention to the wet driving conditions, his car slid off of a cliff. After landing by his destroyed car, with his body not only broken, he layed there finally understanding the anguish others have felt, experiencing true pain for the first time.
Awaking in the hospital, he suffered a fit of delirium, before being informed that though his life had been saved, his career as a surgeon was over, due to nerve damage to his hands. Though he could have become a medical consultant, his ego couldn’t handle having to assist others without receiving all of the glory.
As a result, Stephen spent his fortune on failed operations, trying and restore what he had lost, before becoming a homeless drifter shunned by his friends and colleagues. Then one day, while sitting in a dockside bar, he overheard sailors speak of rumors regarding a legendary Chinese wizard and healer called The Ancient One.
Pawning the last of his possessions, Strange purchased a one-way trip to the Himalayas. There he searched tirelessly, before being caught in a terrible snowstorm. With nothing left to lose, he continued onward until he happened upon a temple sitting on the mountainside.
Entering, he was met by a shadowy figure standing over a pit of fire. Revealing himself to be the Ancient One, Strange was told that he was not worthy of help or pity. Enraged, Strange became aggressive, forcing The Ancient one to subdue him with a beam of weightlessness.
Stephen was finally given shelter by the old wizard, who introduced him to his apprentice, Mordo. That night, after watching the raging snowstorm swirl outside, Stephen happened upon Mordo casting a demonic spell, with the intention of killing his master in order to become the only remaining practitioner of black magic.
Stephen performed a unselfish act and attempted to warn the old wizard. However, he was caught spying, and Mordo cast a sheet of metal upon his face. Just before Stephen was killed, the Ancient One arrived and fought off his would be assassin.
Having unwittingly passed the Wizard’s test of unselfishness, Stephen was chosen to become the aging wizard’s new pupil. This was done in the hopes that Stephen could one day stop Mordo, as well as any other threat to the world.
After extensive training in the mystic arts, Strange emerged as a black magic master and was dubbed The Sorcerer Supreme, and Doctor Strange.
In time, Strange crossed over to other comic series, where he assisted other Marvel superheroes, before mentoring and befriending Spider-Man.
Powers and Abilities
- Intangibility: The appearance of invisibility or near invisibility and phasing through solid material.
- Mystic Bolts
- Banishment: Dr Strange has banish many types of creatures and humans to other dimension but the extent of this is only possible as long as the 'Banish-ers' magic is greater then that of the 'Banish-ees' magic during the banishment.
- Protective Shields
- Time Manipulation: Strange has frozen, slowed, and traveled through time. The limitations of this are only possible through extreme concentration.
- Dimensional Travel
- Conjuring of Objects
- Spells: These spells seem to be quicker to perform but lesser in power than spells using divine energy. Doctor Strange has used his magics altogether to become alter his clothing through minor molecular control, absorb nearly all forms of energy, control and manipulate elements.
- Divine Sources: Dr. Strange can channel the virtually unlimited extra-dimensional energy of nigh-omnipotent mystical and non-mystical beings in multiple dimensions (known as Principalities) to empower his spells.
- Darkness of the Divine Conduit (Black Magic): By sheer force of will he can take the power of another entity. This does not require the use of any spell.
- Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends in the episode, "7 Little Superheroes".
- Doctor Strange appears in the Spider-Man (1994 TV series) in the episode "Doctor Strange", voiced by John Vernon. in the episode, Doctor Strange and Wong help Spider-Man rescue Mary Jane Watson from Baron Mordo and Dormammu as well as retrieve the Wand of Watoomb.
- Doctor Strange is featured in the Ultimate Spider-Man episode "Strange Days", voiced by Jack Coleman.
- Doctor Strange acts as Spider-Man's adviser in cut scenes in The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin, on the Sega Master System and Sega Game Gear.