| This has got to be the worst alternate universe ever. -Spider-Man
Hey! Article is a stub. This means that it is short and needs more information, or should be expanded with up to date information, if there is any new information. You can help the Spider-Man Wiki by expanding it. Thanks!
|Full Name:||Steven Grant Rogers|
|First Appearance:||Captain America Comics #1 (as Captain America)|
Captain America #180 (as Nomad)
Captain America #335 (as The Captain)
Avengers Prime #1 (as Captain Steve Rogers)
Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 666 (as Spider-King)
|Created by:||Joe Simon|
|Place of Birth:||Manhattan, New York City, New York|
|Base:||Mobile; formerly S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, Schaefer Theater, Manhattan, New York City, New York; Avengers Mansion and Avengers Tower, Manhattan, New York City, New York; Secret Avengers' secret safehouses, Quincarrier; Hydrobase, Atlantic Ocean; Rokatanski & Co., Brooklyn Heights, New York City; 569 Leaman Place, Brooklyn Heights, New York City|
|Affiliations:||None; formerly S.H.I.E.L.D. (director), Avengers (off-field leader), Uncanny Avengers (founder), Invaders (leader), Secret Avengers (leader), New Avengers, U.S. Army, Illuminati, Diamondback (partner), Demolition-Man (partner), Secret Defenders, Nomad (partner), Falcon (partner), Rick Jones (partner), Crazy S.U.E.S., Bucky (partner), Secret Avengers (Civil War), Captain America Corps, Operation Rebirth, Landau, Luckman & Lake, Redeemers|
|Powers/Abilities:||Master Martial Artist, Master Tactician and Strategist, Master Acrobat, Professional Sketch Artist, Expert Marksman, Expert Swordsman, Multi-lingual, Expert Vehicular driver, Master Shieldmanship, Indomitable Will|
|Height:||6' 2" (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||220 lbs (100 kg)|
"We must all live in the real world... and sometimes that world can be pretty grim. But it is the [American] Dream... the hope... that makes the reality worth living. In the early 1940's, I made a personal pledge to uphold the Dream... And as long as the Dream remains even partially unfulfilled, I cannot abandon it!"
Since his return in 1960s, Steve has been a prominent member of multiple Avengers teams, such as the Secret Avengers, the New Avengers, and the Avengers Unity Division; and has come to serve as a major role model for most of the world's superhero population, including Spider-Man.
Steve Rogers was born July 4, 1922, to a poor Irish immigrant family, Sarah and Joseph Rogers. He grew up a frail child during the Great Depression in the United States. As a serviceman in the 1940's, Steve volunteered to be the subject of, and was the first success of an experimental Super-Soldier Serum developed by the US army.
At the end of World War II, Rogers was lost in the icy waters of the English Channel.
Joining and leading the Avengers
Decades later, the Sub-Mariner, stumbled across his still-frozen form, which was being worshiped by a far-flung Inuit tribe. Enraged, the Sub-Mariner threw the ice block into the ocean. While opposing Namor, the newly formed Avengers happened upon Rogers' thawing body and soon revived the legendary hero.
Steve joined their ranks as the first recruit, since their formation, and was given retroactive "founding member" status in place of Bruce Banner's alter-ago, Hulk. With his superhuman abilities, extensive training, combat experience, combined with his impressive physique, confidence, and will, Steve was an excellent addition to the team and became their leader.
Powers and abilities
- Enhanced Strength: Steve Roger’s strength is at the absolute peak of human physicality giving him low level superhuman strength. Steve can lift anywhere from 800lbs-2 tons, he was seen easily bench pressing 2,200lbs, has lifted a tree trunk over his head twice, single-handedly defeated a group of Asgardian trolls and pulled a helicopter down with a grappling hook and raw strength alone.
- Enhanced Speed: Steve Rogers can casually run at a rate of 30 mph, he has been able to run a mile in 73 seconds which equals to 49 mph and when he has to can run a mile in one minute which equals to 60 mph. This also helps in combat and makes him an extremely hard opponent to tag.
- Enhanced Agility, Leaping, and Reflexes: Steve’s acrobatic ability is better than any Olympic gymnast that has or will ever compete, his reflexes operate at a superhuman level that even allow him to see bullets flying through the air and can casually dodge them. He can leap 10 ft in the air in a single jump and 20 ft when he has a running start.
- Enhanced Senses including touch, smell, taste, sight and hearing: Steve’s senses are superior to any un-enhanced human and peak humans who trained their senses for a long period of time.
- Enhanced Stamina/Endurance: The SSS in Steve’s body eliminates fatigue build up which allow Steve to continuously exert himself for hours before tiring out.
- Enhanced Durability: The SSS gives Steve amazing resilience to physical injury, his bones are 5 times stronger than that of a normal human. Steve is so durable that he regularly fights beings with superior strength and once was thrown through multiple buildings by Red Skull who was also wearing a bionic suit and didn’t have one single broken bone in his body. Steve regularly survives falls from great heights that would absolutely kill a normal human and peak human as well.
- Accelerated Healing: The SSS speeds up Steve’s metabolism which allows him to heal at a fast rate. Though its not on the level of Wolverine or Deadpool, Steve can heal from slashes, cuts and stab wounds in a matter of hours and from gunshot wounds in a day or two. Steve’s healing also constantly regenerates healthy cells which completely stopped his aging making Steve immortal in the sense that he doesn’t age. Steve is also immune to all Earth diseases.
- Enhanced Mental Processing: Steve’s mind operates at a superhuman rate giving him photographic memory and the ability to learn anything at the fastest humanly rate possible. This has allowed Steve to master many fighting disciplines quicker than people trained since childhood, remember military and battle strategies and also makes him the best tactician in the world. This has also made Steve the undisputed leader of the Avengers.
- Steve is shown to be worthy of lifting and using Mjolnir, Thor's hammer.
- He is one of few people capable of accessing Iron Man's armory, and is one of two foreigners entrusted with Black Panther's technology.
- Steve possesses a significant mental resilience as he was able to wear the Worldmind, Nova's helmet, without going mad.
- Steve is one of the very few people that Wolverine truly trusts.
- Steve seems to have a love for apple pie.
- Steve can run a 40-yard dash in 3.82 seconds.
- Batman once admitted that Captain America can beat him, although it would take a long time.