|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! - Peter Parker
This article is plagiarized.
It seems the information on this article is mostly or entirely copied from another source. Please edit this article to make it more original.
|Full Name:||Tandy Bowen|
|First Appearance:||Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #64|
|Created by:||Bill Mantlo, Ed Hannigan|
|Place of Birth:||Shaker Heights, Cleveland, Ohio|
|Base:||Mobile; formerly Holy Ghost Church, 42nd Street, New York; formerly Utopia, San Francisco Bay, California|
|Affiliations:||Partner of Cloak; formerly X-Men ; Dark X-Men ; New Warriors , Secret Defenders ; Marvel Knights, Secret Avengers|
|Powers/Abilities:||Uses "light daggers" as weapons, can purge humans of toxins or other substances that can harm the body.|
|Weight:||115 lbs (52 kg)|
"We're gonna be a team now? ... So what do we call ourselves?"
Cloak & Dagger
During the conflict around the Superhuman Registration Act, Dagger joined the Secret Avengers. She and Cloak were captured as part of a Captain America's strategy to make S.H.I.E.L.D. trust his ally by circumstance, Wilson Fisk. They escaped, were recaptured, and freed for the final battle. As the Negative Zone Portal was closed, Tandy convinced Tyrone to open a portal to Manhattan where the battle continued.
Powers & Abilities
- Living Light Generation: Dagger generates a form of 'living light' which is actually lifeforce. She produces much more than normal humans do, but is usually conservative in the use of her powers. Overuse of her powers could be fatal. Dagger generates and stores this lifeforce energy automatically. If she goes for more than a week or so without using her powers she will become fevered and delirious, and eventually discharge her energy involuntarily.
- Light Daggers: Tandy can form 6-inch 'light daggers' which she can throw from her fingertips. Her daggers may automatically form under certain conditions, such as another person in danger. The maximum effective range is unknown, but the daggers seem to weaken with further distance. Tandy has a limited ability to control their flight and reinforce them by compelling them to seek targets. They can track a being, but it is most effective when searching for Cloak. Those hit by these knives have their own lifeforce disrupted. Dagger can then drain a portion of their lifeforce; enough to kill if she wishes. Normally she chooses to leave them in a state of shock where they will see a vision of how their life might be different. The experience is powerful enough to make most individuals rethink their choices, although a hardened criminal or evil being is unlikely to change their ways.
- Living Light Detoxification: Tandy's energy can also 'purge' a person, removing toxins, drugs etc.
- Living Light Manipulation: Nonliving objects are unaffected by her daggers; sometimes Tandy can redirect the daggers after they ricochet, other times the daggers are dispersed if they hit a non-living thing. She can project her lifeforce energy in a diffused manner, allowing her to illuminate dark areas as if by natural light. Tandy can also projects her 'light' into Cloak's dimension to feed his 'hunger.' She is unharmed when traveling through his dimension and can pass this protection to others.
Uses Cloak's teleportation ability to get around.
- Dagger is an experienced dancer. She was also blind for a time, so she knows how to move unhindered without being able to see.