There have been so many versions of Spider-Man throughout the decades, but they have all remained surprisingly similar to each other, from throwbacks to simple references. Here is just some of what I've noticed:
- The Sinister Six isn't brought together by Doctor Octopus, nor to specifically kill Spider-Man.
- Parker gained his powers from a "genetically-engineered" spider.
- Spider-Man became a wrestler before turning to heroics.
- Venom's name is Edward Brock, Jr.
- Peter and Mary Jane Watson have known each other since childhood.
- Doctor Octopus' trenchcoat appearance.
- The Rhino's real name is Alex O'Hirn.
- Eddie Brock's personal history with Peter Parker.
- The existence of Kenny "Kong" McFarlane.
- John Jameson's space mission-gone-wrong is what brought the Venom symbiote to Earth, kicking off "The Symbiote Saga."
- Spider-Man's origin is basically frame-for-frame from the first movie, with minor tweeks.
- Norman Osborn gives unreserved praise to Peter Parker, much to the jealousy of his son Harry.
- The existence of Bernard Houseman.
- Black Cat kisses Spider-Man while he is upside down on a webline, just like Earth-96283's Mary Jane Watson.
- The existence of Aaron Davis and, implied, Miles Morales.
- Ned greatly resembles Earth-1610's Ganke Lee.
- Gwen Stacy briefly becomes Spider-Gwen, before eventually becoming Ghost-Spider.
- And early in Season 3, a version of Gwenom.
- Spider-Man and most of his supporting cast are aged down into teenagers.
- Kraven the Hunter is the star of a reality TV show.
- The Daily Bugle does not play as big a role in Peter Parker's life.
- Harry Osborn is the Hobgoblin.
- Spider-Man is, against his will, a founding member of the Sinister Six.
- Hammerhead is an independent gangster.
- Dr. Curt Connors wears a prosthetic arm in place of his handicap (starting in Season 3).
- Otto Octavius was a teacher of Peter Parker before becoming Doctor Octopus.
- Parker battled a professional wrestler named "Bonesaw" in a prototype costume before going after the burglar that killed Uncle Ben.
- The Spider-Man costume greatly resembles the one from The Amazing Spider-Man.
- Spider-Man wears a homemade costume before switching to a more hi-tech, official costume.
- Many of the other heroes that crossover into the show have similar personalities to their cinematic counterparts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.