| This has got to be the worst alternate universe ever. -Spider-Man
Hey! Article is a stub. This means that it is short and needs more information, or should be expanded with up to date information, if there is any new information. You can help the Spider-Man Wiki by expanding it. Thanks!
| Iron Man
|Full Name:||Victor von Doom|
|First Appearance:||Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #5|
|Created by:||Stan Lee, Jack Kirby|
|Place of Birth:||A gypsy camp outside of Haasenstadt, Latveria|
|Base:||Library of Worlds; Castle Doom, Doomstadt, Latveria; Latverian Embassy, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America ; formerly The Council, Doctor Doom's Castle (Upstate New York|
|Affiliations:||Parliament of Doom (leader), Zefiro Clan; formerly Future Foundation, Dark Illuminati, Knights of the Atomic Table, Acts of Vengeance Prime Movers, partner of Namor, employer of the Terrible Trio, Fantastic Four (leader), Hydra (Heroes Reborn), Magneto's Super-Villain Group, Doom's Avengers, Intelligencia, Legion Accursed, ally of Layla Miller, Black Swans (leader), Thor Corps (leader)|
|Powers/Abilities:|| Genius-level intellect|
|Height:|| 6' 2" (1.88 m)|
6' 7" (2.01 m) (Armored)
|Weight:|| 225 lbs (102 kg)|
415 lbs (189 kg) (Armored)
|Unique Features:||None; formerly facial scars which hides behind a metal mask|
"I am Doom... Destroyer of Worlds... What Gods dare stand against me?"
Everything Doom does is to serve his own agenda, which usually causes him to come into conflict with many heroes, while other times he finds himself helping the heroes of Earth.
Powers & Abilities
- Magic: Doctor Doom's potential in the mystic arts comes from the Roma (i.e. Gypsies) heritage of his mother. He learned these abilities from his time with a secret order of monks in Tibet. He further developed his abilities by traveling through time and learning lost Dark Arts. Doctor Strange originally considered him magically proficient but only a mid-level mage, but now considers Doom one of the most powerful practitioners of sorcery and a potential Sorcerer Supreme. His knowledge and power is great enough to hold his own against the likes of Morgan le Fay and Doctor Voodoo, the current Sorcerer Supreme. His knowledge of spell-craft likely surpasses Doctor Strange's, former Sorcerer Supreme. However, he considers his scientific abilities to be more important and has devices that do many of the same things.
- Mystical Blasts
- Mystical Force-fields
- Invoke Entities
- Spell Casting
- Dimensional Travel
- Mystical Ensnaring
- Mystical Portals
- Mind Transference: By training with an alien race, Doom has gained the ability to switch his mind with that of another nearby human being with whom he's made eye contact, a process which he learned from the alien Ovoids. However, Doom prefers his own body and only uses this transference power as a last resort.
Doom's armor also provides him with a vast array of powers. The armor itself is made of a mystical metal alloy that was crafted by the Tibetan monks. It can unleash energy blasts, missiles, lasers, as well as others forms of weaponry.
- Genius-level Intellect: Doctor Doom's most dangerous weapon is his genius-level intellect. He is easily one of the top mortal minds on the planet. It is possible that he is more intelligent than Reed Richards since Doom cured Ben Grimm from his Thing form when Richards could not. Doom has constructed hundreds of devices, including a working time machine (the first of its kind on Earth), devices which can imbue people with superpowers, and many types of robots. His most frequently used robots are his "Doombots," exact mechanical replicas of the real Doctor Doom. They look like him, talk like him, and even act like him. Individually, Doombots have an advanced AI (artificial intelligence) so that each one believes itself to be the real Doom. As a safety measure, each Doombot has a dampener program that is triggered whenever the real Doom (or another Doombot) is nearby. These "body doubles" appear when Doom cannot be present or is unwilling to risk his own life, and are often responsible for Doom's return from certain death. Another common type of robot used is the Servo-Guard, the police force of Latveria. Doom specializes in physics, robotics, cybernetics, genetics, weapons technology, biochemistry, and time travel. He also has natural talents for leadership, strategy, politics, and manipulation.
- Highly Influential Connections: As Monarch of Latveria, Doctor Doom has access to a vast collection of magical artifacts, technological and military hardware. Also has command of conventional military forces.
- Diplomatic Immunity: As the leader of a sovereign nation, Doctor Doom often visits the United States or the United Nations for political reasons. He enjoys diplomatic immunity during these trips, and his embassy is considered foreign soil. He has even been escorted by Captain America himself.
- Artist: Doom has shown himself to be a talented artist. He painted a duplicate of the Mona Lisa while using Layla Miller as his model.
- Pianist: Doom has shown himself to be a talented pianist. He has played various compositions of his own creation.
- Mystical Armor: Doom used mystic armor obtained through a bargain with the Hazareth Three. The exact specifications of this armor are unknown.
- Titanium Armor: Dr. Doom's original armor is a nuclear-powered, computer-assisted battle suit. It was magically forged at a monastery in Tibet, but since then has been repaired by normal (technological) means.
- Enhanced Strength: Gives Dr. Doom the ability to lift (press) several tons. He has held his own against Spider-Man in hand to hand combat.
- Durability: The armor is fashioned of a high-strength titanium alloy.
- Video Communicator: Built into the right wrist is a video communicator, which he can use to stay in contact with his bases from any point on Earth.
- Electric Shock: The outer surface of the armor can generate a massive electric shock on command.
- Flight: Dr. Doom's suits of armor are upgraded to give him the power of flight without the use for jet-packs.
- Concussive Blasts: Concussive bolts of force can be fired from the gauntlets and faceplate of the armor, though the mask only generates force blasts when it is not being worn.
- Force-field: The suit's best defense is the force-field generated by the armor, which has a maximum radius of eight feet (and so can encompass others); Doom cannot attack without lowering his force-field.
- Infrared Vision: Infrared scanners in the helmet allow the wearer to detect heat sources, permitting night vision and the ability to see invisible persons (unless they do not give off or can somehow mask their heat signature).
- Recycling System: The armor is self-supporting, equipped with internal stores and recycling systems for air, food, water, and energy, allowing the wearer to survive lengthy periods of exposure underwater or in outer space.
- Sensor Systems: Optical scanners in the helmet allow the helmet's eyepieces to be used as high-powered telescopes, and parabolic ear amplifiers fitted inside the helmet allow Doom to detect extremely faint sounds and unusual frequencies within the audible range for humans.
- Solar Energy Absorption: A thermo-energizer allows the armor to absorb and store solar and heat energy, and use it to power the armor's other systems; this system can only be used while the force-field is deactivated.
- Splinters of the True Cross: Doom claims that his armor contains splinters of the True Cross, along with other such defenses (presumably to protect him from undead enemies, i.e Dracula). Considering Doom's capabilities to time travel, there is possibility of this being true.
Doctor Doom possesses two different Infinity Gauntlets from two different realities, but due to that, they don't work in his reality.
As a genius-level inventor and monarch of a sovereign nation, Doom can attain many other pieces of equipment as needed.
Various; formerly his Flying Fortress.
Formerly, Doom often carried a "broomhandle" Mauser pistol, which he used to dispatch targets "unworthy" of his other means of attack.
- In Latveria, Doom had his own holiday - Doom's Day, which was an enormous celebration.
- One of Doctor Doom's traits that made him stand out was his tendency to refer to himself in the third person.
- Because of his status as ruler of Latveria, Doom had diplomatic immunity. This was perhaps his greatest asset, as any attempt to kill him would be a breach of international law - It was used to prevent his death at the hands of the Fantastic Four, and resulted in Captain America acting as Doom's escort/bodyguard whilst he was making a diplomatic visit to America.
- In one retcon, the scar that Doom originally received from the explosion of his arcane device was, while large, not horribly disfiguring. In his eagerness to assume his masked persona he donned the faceplate of his first suit of armor while the metal was still smoking from the forge. The burns he suffered from this act were thought to have made him truly hideous. However, this was later itself retconned in the series Books of Doom.
- The original story of his scar was that the explosion of his demonic portal actually did cause a hideous disfiguring scar, and to suit his own hubris, he donned the infamous mask.
- After the Secret Wars, the Beyonder appeared in the Fantastic Four #288, where he explained that he had pulled Doom from a different time. He then rectified the situation by reordering Doom's appearances to fit the time-stream.
- Doctor Doom made a cameo appearance in the pages of DC's JLA #1. In the scene, Doom and Wolverine are executed by a super-villain team known as the Hyperclan.
- In Captain Britain and MI-13 Vol 1 10, Doom states he has studied under one of Dracula's greatest enemies, suggesting that Doom has traveled back in time to study under Abraham van Helsing.
- In Captain Britain and MI-13 Vol 1 10, Doom shows that he does not recognize Dracula's title of count.
- Doom committed his first murder at the age of sixteen years old, however it was in self-defense.
- Doom states that his self-awareness began when he was within his mother's womb, Doom thus theorized that his mother's contact with demons is what made this possible, further stating that their "... touch opened [his] mind too clearly and too early".